Sunday, January 14, 2018

Starting Preschool

Michael:
signed us up for a little trial of Blue Apron meals and it was fun to cook together and try something really new. We were both super impressed with how delicious the meal was. He had tons of calls yesterday but miraculously never had to go into the hospital for any of them and even slept here all night. It felt like such a huge bonus. He's the best dad. Right now he's at the orange grove down the street from our neighborhood picking oranges with Westin, and then they're going to make orange juice before we head to a friend's house for dinner. Weekends are the best!

Maddie:
started doing preschool with the other moms in Westin's church class this week, and we had the first day at our house. It was fun to get the kids together and see them have fun and interact. I also take Westin and Bennett to a playgroup at a Lutheran church in Clovis every other week, and the ladies that run it are so sweet. We went to two parks and the library in one day this week, plus a few other park trips on the other days. Mom life. I love working on my cross stitch orders. I also made homemade yogurt for the first time this week, so I've now reached a new Instant Pot level. Mom life again. Next week I'm going to start teaching four piano students. I feel like I'm finally diversifying my life after a couple years of having close babies and it feels really fulfilling.

Westin:
loved preschool, loves playing at the park, loves reading at the library, loves primary. He's so much fun. He never fell asleep during nap time about 3 times this week and I'm just cringing for this stage... what is life without naps? I do not even know. He was full of quotes this week:

(After listening to The Greatest Showman soundtrack on repeat around here):
"A million dreams wouldn't let me take a nap."

(After Michael got called into work and he told Westin it was to help someone who got hit by a car):
"Oh, were they not holding a hand?"

(While playing doctor with Michael):
"Alright, I'm a doctor. I'm gonna see how much sick you are. So.... how much sick are you?"

(When sitting down to clean up all his letters from a puzzle, next to Michael):
"Alright. We gotta clean up these letters. So. Where's W?"

And so many others. I could also write a list of ridiculous mean things he says to us lately that make us half angry and half brimming with laughter, but, we don't want to remember those as much. But if you really want one small example, then you should know I carried his tantrum throwing self out of sacrament meeting today while he screamed, "No, mama! I'm going to pinch your eye!" And I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now. Three-year-olds, man.

Bennett:
Walks so much and I still just stop and watch it when he's cruising all over the house. He doesn't like vegetables much at all but he was pounding our kale and sweet potato salad from our blue apron meal. It was hilarious to watch. He'd prefer to just be in a swing at the park all day every day. He wants to keep up with his brother. And he wants his brother's little blue truck something fierce. The little red car I got him for Christmas to counteract that desire did nothing. He was thrilled that we watched a dog this week, he probably loves that gig more than anyone else around here. One morning this week he woke up just laughing and laughing, and every time I said good morning to him he would laugh and laugh. It was the best way to start a day. I love these boys!

Watching President Monson's funeral after preschool.
Pounding kale. Seriously, this kid is so veggie averse.
It almost singlehandedly sold me on more Blue Apron meals but... not gonna happen. 



Blue Apron meal: Mexican-Spice Barramundi with Kale, Sweet Potato, and Avocado Salad 
This dog has come over twice for just a daycare deal. For some reason, Kitty just wants to come out and stare at him and hiss. Normally she just hides from our dog friends, but these two just hang out here. It's honestly so annoying. She's peeking around the corner down the hall...


He always picks dandelions for me and hands them to me saying, "These are for you to get married!"

Bennett loves dogs so very much.


Playing red light, green light with apples.

Cutest preschool pals.

Snacks with friends at the park.

Bennett managed to make this entire mess in under 10 minutes while I did my make up.
Then he just looked at me like, This is how I do. 

Kitty and cross stitch, both usually on my lap these days.

This was the first time these two hung out like this.
Normally Westin can't contain his excitement for any Kitty attention and drives her away with his love.

He loved her being close to him.

Sensory bins at playgroup.

Bennett thinks Sensory Bins means snack time. Gotta watch this one.

When I was bent over working and my lap wasn't free, she decided to just chill on my back. Cats are so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis