Monday, January 8, 2018

Starting the New Year

Michael:
had New Year's Day off after a surprisingly smooth day of New Year's Eve call. He took me to The Greatest Showman when my parents were here and we both loved it. We went to dinner one night, a temple trip one Saturday, and a movie one afternoon while my parents were here. They were so nice to watch the kids for us so we could catch up on our date deficit. I was really grateful for that extra time together. He's good at finding new bike rides for us to go on, and we feel lucky that the weather is nice enough for them. Sorry, Indiana friends... come visit?

Maddie:
started taking orders for custom cross stitch portraits and I'm really excited about it! I've enjoyed making these the past few months and it will be fun to expand the hobby. I made it to two High classes while my parents were here, and one on Saturday when Michael was home. Those always make my week better. The boys and I made some park trips this week and played in the backyard. I keep going back and forth between feeling grateful for these 60 degree days in January to fearing the summer already. I just need to focus on the good, but I'd rather take a little more cold now and less heat later.

Westin:
started the Sunbeam class in primary! He has a wonderful teacher and I'm really grateful for her. There are three other boys about Westin's age in his class, so I'm also grateful he's not the only super young Sunbeam around. I think he did pretty well at church, and I know he did his best. He used all his good up, we had a serious day of melt downs the rest of the day. But he's figuring out his new routine and it's all going to smooth out. I checked out preschools around our neighborhood this week but I'm just not ready for that. I'm hoping to start a little Joy School type group with some friends soon, and I think Westin would love that.

 Bennett:
is walking like a pro and seems so much older. Westin became a lot more opinionated and a lot more fussy once he started walking. I'm definitely seeing the same shift in Bennett, but it might be teething. Teething is just this mystical thing that I blame unknown behavior on, and it sometimes proves to be true. I don't know, I'm not super observant with the teeth situation. I probably slack off there since Dad is more than qualified to monitor that. He's a great sleeper and I'm grateful for it every night. I do not take these nights for granted because I just remember so vividly how hard it was being so sleep deprived with Westin straight into my poor sleep during Bennett's pregnancy. Bennett makes us laugh so much. Today Westin hurt his eye and Bennett kept rubbing his own eye and acting just like Westin was acting and it was cracking all of us up. I love watching his personality grow. But I wish the rest of him would slow down :)


Our oven handle has been semi-broken since we moved in, and Michael put a new one on today.
I love that he can figure that stuff out, that stuff does not come naturally to me.



This week was the 9-year anniversary of leaving for my London study abroad!
I think about it so much at the beginning of every year. I am so ready to get back there.

Our ward is reading the Book of Mormon together from now until June. We've been doing the daily readings from this book and I really LOVE it. Westin has been way more engaged.

Beautiful bike ride!

Bennett gets so excited when he's close to Kitty. 



We watched this dog for a day. She came late so we missed a zoo trip, promptly escaped from our yard, came in after I got her back and knocked a plant over... Oh man. Sometimes watching dogs feels like such a win, other times I question our decisions. Overall it's been great, though.

Living that Primary life.

My aunt found some pictures of my Grandma and I love them so, so much. I miss my grandmas all the time.

My beautiful grandparents.

Michael and Westin climbed a "mountain" while Bennett and I walked with my parents through Woodward Park. I love watching Westin love his one on one time with dad.

Peek-a-boo with Grandpa! I am disappointed that I didn't get more pictures of my parents while they were here.

My in laws are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis