Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sisters Weekend

Michael:
had this weekend off and his sisters from LA and San Fran came to visit. Rachel is moving to LONDON next week and this was our last time to play all together before California loses one of the Daetwyler siblings. It was such a fun weekend and we are going to miss living close to them so much. But, London! We are happy for them and they will love it. We went to the fish hatchery all together on Saturday, and had fun just playing games, eating, and talking through the weekend. I married into the best family and I always feel so lucky for it. He has a test coming up that he keeps saying he needs to start studying for and it gives me flash backs to dental school. Residency's long hours are their own beast, but I definitely don't miss all the hours of studying at home that we went through the years before this.

Maddie:
started teaching piano lessons this week and it was fun to do something new. I've played as long as I can remember but this is my first time teaching. I bring my kids to a family's house once a week in my ward and teach their 4 kids. My week felt busy with getting ready for the weekend, I wanted to have all our meals made so I could just play with everyone. We also went to the zoo on Monday, a playgroup on Tuesday, Chick-Fil-A with my visiting teachers on Wednesday, a park playgroup on Thursday, and preschool on Friday. I loved having something every day because no matter how much I have to get done, none of it really gets done until nap time, so it's nice to have full mornings and tired boys after.

Westin:
loved having cousins around and playing with them all weekend. He also watched Lion King for the first time and I thought it was going to be too sad for him. I think it's the saddest Disney movie there is. But he liked it and has loved the music for a while, so it was fun to watch it with our boys. He did a great job sleeping in our room by our bed when family was visiting this weekend and I just loved how easy it was. Sometimes it was so hard getting him to sleep in a new place or put him down when he was littler, but I just really like how much better that is now that he's old enough to just understand more. Although he did wake up with nightmares multiple times the second night and ended up waking up at 5:45 for the day today. He's been playing more with Bennett and it's so cute. I just want them to be best friends.

Bennett:
is a happy soul. He was so content to just walk around and be part of all the crazy this weekend. He sleeps in if we keep him up late, where Westin always wakes up early no matter what. We had a multi-stake broadcast for church this morning at 9, and I woke Bennet up at 8:30 so I could get him dressed and put him in the car. I had to wake him up at 9:15 another day this week. Westin's up at 6:30 every day so it's fun to have slow mornings with some one-on-one time. I love that Bennett cuddles so much when he wakes up and when he's going down for his nap or bedtime. He's just so tender. Two months until nursery! And honestly that blows my mind and I haven't reached the countdown phase yet, he's pretty easy at church. The only time it feels like a lot is if Michael is at the hospital the same Sunday that I'm teaching sharing time, but that bad combo only happens every few weeks.

This weekend felt packed and busy and so fun and left us feeling more grateful than ever for family!

We ate lunch by the sea lions and it felt so peaceful.


Lion King experience.



These two are one month apart. I think they'll have so much fun growing up together!


Feeding the fish







Preschool

Post-naps Daniel Tiger.

Driving the jeep at the Zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis