Sunday, February 25, 2018

Back to Reality

Michael:
had to go back to the residency life after our fun Arizona trip and we missed him. Luckily Monday was a holiday, so even though he was on call we were able to see him for a little while that afternoon. When he got called back in around 5:30 we decided to just all go with him. He knew it'd be a quick check on a patient and then we thought we'd go get dinner after. But that kind of turned into a longer check on a patient, two IMpatient boys in a hospital waiting room, and me suddenly realizing I had just willingly brought my two small children to the germiest place ever. It all seemed like a good idea in the moment! And really it was fun, we just grabbed dinner at the hospital together after Michael was done and ate in the Physician's lounge with him. Westin and Bennett were not very well-mannered but... they're still fun and cute. He also found a little nature walk for us on Saturday that was equal parts ghetto and pretty, depending on where you turned your head. #Fresnolife

Maddie:
taught preschool and sharing time this week. Westin loves preschool! All the kids can go without their mom staying now, and they really do feel like a cute little group of kids having fun learning together. It's fun to have it on Fridays and end the week with friends. I have some more cross stitch orders and added another piano student to my week, so life feels busy with fun things! I also found out my two aunts and my sister are flying here to go to Time Out for Women and I'm feeling so lucky to have a visit from some of my favorite people. That's going to be such a fun weekend and I love looking forward to things.

Westin:
stayed up late Saturday night to have a movie and popcorn night with mom and dad. He was so stoked about it. We also went to Rubio's for dinner before so it was a good way to end the week. I'm starting to see glimpses of that sweet 4-year-old stage people talk about. And I also see many glimpses of the threenager stage people talk about too... highs and lows, man. Toddler life. He's finally in his big boy bed for good because we put the wall back on his crib. Part of me wondered if he would actually still want to be in that thing even with four walls back on... but luckily he's good with the toddler bed now. It's so funny to me that he never climbed out of his crib and finally had to be evicted. Kid likes security.

Bennett:
has full blown entered the SCREAMING stage. Oh man, I feel like Westin was just in this stage! Because it leaves a mark on you haha. His most tempered moments right now are direct eye contact, chucking his binky across the room, then making this noise and face at you like, "Fix this!" It's pretty maddening and hilarious. I'm starting to transition him to nursery because I know it will take a while. Today I was teaching sharing time and Michael was at the hospital, so I really just hoped he'd be ok in there. He lasted 10 minutes... Haha. Baby steps! He was also in heaven when we watched a chihuahua puppy this week. The dog was so laid back for a puppy and such an easy little thing to have around. We have some fun routines happening with our weeks and life is good!

Bennett brought his animals to Kitty so they could look outside together.

Almond blossoms are out in full force!


Bennett and Westin both love Braelynn so much. She's such a good helper at preschool.

Snoop the little chihuahua.

E for Egg day at preschool.

Q tip painting is the only way painting doesn't drive me crazy!

Green eggs and ham.



Winnie always has an eye on Bennett's binky. She knows he's got a dependency there.

"Helping" dad at work.

Ten points if you can find Bennett.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis