Monday, February 5, 2018

Indiana Visitors

I uploaded all the pictures to this post right before watching the Super Bowl episode of This Is Us. And I just haven't snapped back from that so I've been wasting time doing who knows what on the internets while meaning to get back over here and get this post done. Jack Pearson, this post is procrastinated because of you. So many tears from This Is Us episodes you guys, it's ridiculous.

Michael:
had a busy, busy week and Westin was having an extra hard time with it. We found a mini mailbox I had from a Valentines Day a few years back and Westin wrote daddy a little letter and picture. "Wrote" meaning he scribbled a circular thing and said "I....Love.....You.......Daddy" as he drew. Melt my heart. He had Saturday off which was fun because our friends, the Naylors, stayed with us on their way home to Oregon from Disneyland. I am SO happy it is February. February = Michael's last month of taking first call and it has been a finish line in my mind for a while. This is his last month of being on oral surgery service before he goes on rotation in March and has a better schedule until third year. We still don't have his third year rotation schedule and I am sooo ready to have it and plan out our next year. Planning is my favorite. I'm aware that just sounded like Elf.

Maddie:
loved having visitors last weekend and this weekend! We haven't seen the Naylors since we left Indiana and it was fun to catch up. Their kids were so much bigger and it blew my mind! We loved picking oranges, walking through the fish hatchery trail, feeding the fish, playing games, going to Cafe Rio, and just catching up with each other. We met so many good people in Indiana. I've had them all on my mind extra this week as my old Bishop is about to have surgery. He and his wife are the best people and I love them so much. 

Westin:
is good and kind and I am working extra hard to help him realize that he is good and kind. He's missing daddy so much more than usual lately, like the last few months have kind of built up and he's just super frustrated. We hear phrases like "I'm going to break your little blue truck, you can't go to work!" And "I don't like the hospital!" And "I don't want you to go to work, I'm gonna break your work!" So, yeah... working through some anger here! I love him. I love that he loves his daddy. We'll have some extra time together next week and I'm looking forward to that.

Bennett:
had a cold this week and wasn't his usual super happy self for a couple days. I felt bad that I was so thrown by that, I'm just so used to him being pretty happy-go-lucky. But he's feeling better for the most part, but he's been napping 90 minutes instead of his regular 3 hours since being sick. This is good for no one. Hopefully he feels even better tomorrow! He loved Maybrie so much and just wanted her to hold him. It was so cute.

Nap strike turned to Super Bowl watching.

He was super grumpy for a little bit and it was making us laugh.

Super sick cuddles from Thursday.

Love these friends! Funglish made for a fun game night with them. Summer misunderstood my question at one point and told me a tiger was an animal and I keep laughing about it. She said it so seriously like I didn't know it and I just could not stop laughing for so long.

Summer snapped this picture of Westin and I love it, he still hasn't figured out how to smile for pictures so we rarely get this expression captured. Usually he gives me angry eyebrows when I say cheese...

Orange picking down the street!

Constantly hugging Maybrie.

Sweet Indiana friend! <3




Finished my mom and dad's cross stitch! Don't worry, this was their Christmas present. #behind







Cutest.

Post Cafe Rio brownie party! Doesn't get better than that.



I handed everyone a cookie on Friday night and the sudden drop in volume level was hilarious.

Preschool at Colt's house! C for cloud and cupcakes.

Bennett has reached the "throw all the things away" stage... found him disposing of daddy's shoe.
Who knows what else hasn't been intercepted in time.

Tot time at the zoo! We love going to this and meeting a different animal each time.
This was PJ the armadillo and he was such a funny little guy.

Bennett ignored the armadillo and played with the pretend animals.... 


Backyard picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis