Sunday, February 10, 2019

Rain and Routine

Alternate titles for the week:
Life after potty training -- does it exist?
Back in the dog business
Rain Rain (technically don't, but...) Go Away

We've had a wet week full of the usual, apart from being one week into potty training Bennett which takes away all the usual easy from our life right now. But he's getting it! It's just a little nerve-wracking taking him to a playground, if you know what I mean. Or library story time or basically any situation where you're hoping, hoping he keeps things classy. He really is doing great and I think I'll look back and remember that he was easy to potty train. But there are still some accidents and... "details" to work out :)

We got back in the dog business this week even though pregnancy sickness hasn't let up yet. We need date nights around here, so, dogs are back in town. We did get out last week AND this week, which feels like a big win! On Friday we went to dinner and then to a BYU Alumni fireside about marriage, then out for frozen yogurt after. One part of the fireside that stood out to me was taking away feeling defensive in marriage and family. If we can all be open to listening to how other's feel, open to improving ourselves, and communicate out of honesty and love, then we can improve together and enjoy life together. Being defensive can rob us from that.

I went to a Relief Society dinner this week and was grateful Michael made it home right before it started. He also went to dinner this week with his residents for a night out with Aspen Dental and had fun at Westwood's Barbecue. That's one of our favorite place to take visitors, such a yummy local restaurant. He made it home at a good time a few days this week and that felt so fun! Sometimes we eat dinner at 4:30. But sometimes we eat dinner at 6:30. And he was around for a couple of those :)

We're spending a rainy Sunday morning watching family videos and eating chocolate chip pancakes and managing toddler anger and also being happy. Just a day in the life!

Walking home from the park with Rosie girl

Drone entertainment

Trying to catch the drone

Bennett and his donut



I'm aware no one wants to watch my kid eat a donut except me and maybe Aunt Ali, 
but this is just so sweet to me so I want it here forever.


This is pregnant me. Lemon yogurt and tart original, with only fruit.
Everything chocolate seems gross to me right now,
and I just want all the lemon things. If you know me you know this is weird.

Latest cross stitch order to go out. I love this anniversary present!

Library story time is back on! Our Wednesdays needed it.

This little girl sat down right between the boys and they looked at each other like, "What??"
It was so funny to me.

Palmer for the day. Bennett is in heaven when a dog is around.
These guys and their Rosie dog, we love when she visits us!
Watching family videos Sunday morning, this is Westin's preschool Christmas program.
He thinks it's so funny to see his class on TV singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis