Sunday, March 31, 2019

Southern Utah

We loved our week in Cedar City! I always just soak that place up. It is such a great little town.

Our days were full of games with Jenny and her kids, playing at South Elementary playground, eating Dunford donuts and enchiladas at Brody's, late night malts made by my dad, Scrabble with my parents, Grandpa throwing grounders to Westin, Bennett swinging in the backyard, awesome naps and nights (that's what happens when you can put both your kids in separate rooms with no windows!),  temple trip with my mom, movie date with my dad (once we found the right movie... :)), March Madness games, meeting up with Becca and her boys, getting my hair done, parks with grandma, library story time, and just enjoying a slow week with grandma and grandpa. I LOVE Cedar City time. 

Michael missed us! That's the longest we've ever left him. But I asked him if he felt like he was home without us a lot and he said, "Not at all." Trauma is the time to get out of town! We drove home Friday and the trip was pretty quick and smooth. I let Westin watch two movies and we played at Chick Fil A in Bakersfield for over an hour. Westin was crying almost the whole trip about his ear hurting so I thought he had an ear infection, but it must have been an elevation thing because he was fine after sleeping that night. I unpacked all the way right when we got home, that is one of the biggest differences between Mom Maddie and pre-motherhood Maddie. I just need so much more control over my space with motherhood or else it feels like things go real crazy, real fast.

On Saturday Westin started T-ball! It was adorable and his best friend in our ward is on his team as well. I had the distinct impression at his first game that this was the beginning of a biiiig part of my life -- boys and games! It's going to be fun.

Bennett ran and ran at Park Discovery. Westin told me it was too big and that he was lonely without cousins. :)

Bennett was so content in the tree swing while Westy got his T-ball practice going.

Grounders with Grandpa

Bennett is so happy on a swing!

Mommy and Me swin, Westin thought this was so funny

Becca's boys and my boys... we almost have six between us! So crazy to me.

Jaren and my dad did baptisms. I can't believe he's getting so old!

We went to lots of different parks with grandma. They loved this little merry go round.

Bennett has no patience for the small playgrounds, he's all about the big kid stuff.

All the grandkids out for Mexican food

Bennett is saying cheese, I'll give him that

Bennett was Jaren's shadow and he just loved trying to chat it up with his oldest Miner cousin

Always by Jaren :)

The two little ones with grandma

Just sitting and watching Bennett eat an ice cream cone is one of my biggest joys 
We don't usually get ice cream there but when you drive 8.5 hours with a hurting ear, we get ice cream.


First t-ball game! Blue shirt on third base





Westin and Colt


Mr. T likes to come up to Michael because he knows he'll probably get a slug or two out of it.

One of my latest cross stitches

Whenever Bennett is quiet, this is where I find him.

I love seeing their little made up play at work

Tomatoes in our future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis