Sunday, May 5, 2019

Boys Weekend & San Diego Girls Trip

We recovered from jet lag pretty quick last weekend and spent a few days getting things done (like that blasted glucose test...) and basically geared up for our weekend!

Michael and the boys:
Michael's coordinator was so sweet to work with his schedule when she found out I would be out of town for the weekend. She made Friday his day off for last week, and his half Saturday and half Sunday be his day off for this week (which they never do normally). So he was home with the boys for three days in a row and they had their first boys weekend together. He looked forward to it so much and he's the best dad. 

They took Westin to sunbeam preschool on Friday and Michael did some one on one errands with Bennett, including trying to get us an inflatable pool for our hot and homebound summer -- but they were already sold out! They also went to Westin's T-ball game, our stake "family day" party, a picnic dinner on Sunday, lots of playing outside, and just enjoyed being together. I was SO grateful the boys got to have three days of Michael time. We're so lucky to have him.

Maddie:
On Friday morning at 3:30am I woke up and quickly got out the door to drive to San Diego. Michael got up and put my bag in the car, plus filled it up the night before, and left a note for me on my steering wheel to have a fun girls' weekend. I love him so much. Sometimes I feel like we are both working all the time, and I just feel grateful to be married to someone who both works hard and appreciates and knows that I work hard. Those sound like simple things but they make a huge difference in our life.

The drive was just under 6 hours and I picked up my friend Kristin from the airport. We walked along the coast and grabbed some fish tacos before meeting up with our other Indiana time friends at a beach house on Coronado Island. The rest of the weekend was full of kayaking, beach time, bike riding, Thai take out, crepes, sushi, so many treats, more fish tacos, s'mores on our deck, so much catching up, and some real good sleep. Oh my goodness, it was so much fun. 

I cried when I drove away because it kind of hurt my heart to remember how strong and dear my friendships are from that time of life and how different residency has been from that stage. But I'm just grateful to have experienced that and that those friends are still in my life.  I got home late Sunday night and had so much fun listening to Michael's stories about the boys and telling him about my weekend. I was tempted to not even go and stay home to have three days with Michael around, but knowing that baby is coming in two months and that nursing leash will be tight again, I decided to go. I'm so glad I did! We all had the best weekend.



My boys only wanted Lindsey's stories at the library the other day. She's so sweet to them.

Kristin! So, so fun to see each other again.

Lunch View



Deck on Ocean View Blvd on Coronado Island




I dug a hole for my belly. It felt amazing. 
The house!


Kristin set us up for crepes and it was quite the effort.


Sarah, Adriana, Kristin, Maddie, Joanna

I love these women so, so much.

This was actually my first time on the grounds of the San Diego temple.


Friday preschool!

I'll never understand the love my boys all have for cotton candy.

It's strawberry time in Fresno! Check out the size of those!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis