Sunday, January 12, 2020

Three Date Day

I took hardly any pictures this week, but it's been a great one! I love getting back to routine.
 My parents came on Thursday which is always so fun.

Michael went back to work on a regular schedule and Westin went back to school. One was more excited than the other. Bennett had his IEP meeting and starts speech therapy officially with the school district next week. Camden is stinkin' cute.

My parents arrived on Thursday. Soon after that my mom had a little mishap... and I just asked her if I was allowed to write the details and she has agreed, so... I just have to.

She was on her hands and knees making Camden laugh in his little baby seat. Then she said, "They say if you can stand up without using your hands then you're still in shape!" And then did that. And then fell over mid-try, slightly onto Camden in his baby seat then onto the ground. Oh man. We heard her foot pop a little and it was swollen and red, and Camden was totally fine. She had it x-rayed the next day since she recently fractured her wrist and did not expect it to be actually fractured, but luckily her foot looked good.

After knowing she was good, and all was well... we just can't help but laugh about it now. She told her sisters the story about what she said before she fell and her sister said, "Well, I guess you got your answer." Haha so sad and funny and just a bummer. But she's walking more every day.

Saturday was our date day! Michael is on call next weekend and they're leaving then, so it was our one chance to pack in some time together. We went to the temple in the morning and did some sealings, then did an early dinner together (such a yummy salmon salad and bleu cheese burger, always half and halfing our meals), then an early-ish movie to Knives Out. All with coming home and feeding Camden between everything, that little bottle-strike boy. I haven't given him a bottle since October and now I'm paying for it because he does not remember at all how to take one.

Michael and I haven't spent that much time alone together in ages. I am so grateful for him. He's a rock through my anxious times, positive in my stressed times, always helpful and handy and resourceful and smart, such a fun dad, and there's just so much good in Michael. I'm so grateful for him. I know I said that twice.

Other than that I'm just trying to keep on working on all the basics for my new years resolution and it has been a great 12 days because of it! How do we bottle that January energy and use it all year?! I'm using this awesome goal tracker sheet and hopefully it'll help.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis