Sunday, February 2, 2020

Celebrating Ali

This week started out slow and ended in a whirlwind!

We had a typical week of school, speech, walks, getting things done, and watching some dogs,
plus one crazy night where Michael was in the OR until almost 3am and then back at work at 6:30 the next morning. That doesn't happen too often these days, but sometimes his flap surgeries go so long.

Then on Friday, the boys and I picked Michael up from work and drove straight from there to the airport, where Camden and I flew off to Utah for a quick 48 hours so that I could be at Ali's baby shower. I was so grateful to be in that room celebrating her with so many women that we love!! We have such wonderful friends, cousins, aunts, mom, sisters (hehe) and it was so fun to celebrate Ali and her baby girl.

The two-day trip sure went by fast but we filled it with Cupbob (that Ali so kindly brought me to the airport), a quick stop at Chip (because there's nothing better than a big chocolate chip cookie), a quick maternity shoot, Ali's baby shower, some Lehi time to see my brother's family, a night out with all the adults to a dinner theater (while sweet Jaren babysat Camden for me), a couple hilarious rounds of Fakin' It, some rough nights with an overtired Camden, some Sunday chatting with everyone when my brother's family came up to Murray for the morning, my first time to Ali's ward, yogurt parfaits with my parents and Ali when we should have been in Sunday school.... then off to the airport for my friendliest/easiest flight experience to date.

Meanwhile back in Fresno... Michael kept accepting dog requests until there were FIVE DOGS at my house, and he and the boys had so much fun together. On Friday night they had a sleep over in our bed, and on Saturday night they had a sleeping bag sleepover in our guest room. They went to the Asian market and saw a dragon dance around for Chinese New Year, while Michael picked up all the spices he needed to recreate his favorite Indian dish from our trip to London last spring. He made naan to go with it, plus some pretzel foccacia and a cheese dip to take to a superbowl party before picking me up from the airport on Sunday. I don't know when Michael turned gourmet on me but I seriously love it.

Now we are home! With a clean kitchen, laundry running, an overtired baby that cried himself to sleep tonight, two tired boys in bed, four dogs asleep (one went home already and three go home first thing in the morning, but still... haha), and Michael and I are deep in Modern Family DVDs from the library with due dates fast approaching so we need to get on top of those :) That show makes us laugh so much.

This weekend! I just felt so, so much love for my sister, my family, the women in our life at her shower, my boys, the father Michael is and the fun they were having, and my sweet little Camden who is my companion through it all. Oh I loved this weekend. We can't wait for little baby girl to get here in a month!!!


Always checking that mailbox first thing in the morning to see if Dad has left him any messages or treats.

I got out this play mat for Camden but the older boys wanted in on that.

Camden hates food.
Avocado -- gagging. Applesauce -- gagging.
Cheerios -- none tried. Toast strips -- none tried.
Bottles -- no way.

Sweet little Michael in the red tie!

I am loving the 45 minutes a week where Westin is at school, Bennett is at speech therapy,
and Camden and I circle the park nearby while he falls sleep and I listen to a Revisionist History podcast.

Figuring out the world.


Bennett was so happy to have his best buddy Rosie back over!

But then more and more dogs kept coming...

Sleepover time!
Let's just acknowledge that this would never, ever, ever be how I'd spend a night of Michael being out of town.
He is the more fun parent.

Straight to Chip from the airport.

I pulled out the pajamas I'd packed to find that Ali had put on the exact same shirt AND pants for the night.
We don't plan these things. These things just constantly happen.

Quick maternity shoot that morning!
These two are so cute.



Friends, cousins, aunts, cousins' wives and kids.
Such a fun morning with these wonderful women.

Had to switch photographers!
Ali's MTC companion slash old roommate came too.



My mom brought up some dresses that Ali and I wore as babies to decorate with.
So cute!



Um, how cute is Ali.




Sweet Julia sure loved on baby Camden!


That arm resting on her belly is my favorite. 
Little blue truck is still doing well!



Dinner theater night.
I love these people :)


Jaren the babysitter!
When did this kid get so big????

Slow Sunday morning

Ali fixed up a chandelier that used to be in my grandma's house and hung it in her nursery.
It makes my heart so happy. Our sweet grandma shining down on Ali's baby girl.
We miss our grandmas so much.


Came home to black daal, pretzel focaccia, naan, cheese dip.
Michael signing up for the Bon Appetit email newsletter is one of the best things that's happened in a while.

Lentil prep.


We take our boys to the bathroom around 11pm. This is what Michael found when he did that and texted me,
"No one noticed Bennett falling out of bed -- not even Bennett."

Then this.
This is why I am not good at sharing a bed.

Bennett in his preferred spot when dog friends visit.

Out on a walk after they had a picnic dinner.

Macaroni and Cheese and Caesar Salad picnic.
Michael is on day two of his vegetarian month.


Sleepover number two. Party animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis