Sunday, July 12, 2020

FoCo in NoCo: Our New Home

We're HERE. After months of figuring life out, weeks of prepping what we figured out, and days of actually transitioning, we are here in our new home. We are so excited to explore Fort Collins!

On Monday we spent time together with all the Miners, Ali and I got a haircut, we fit in some last minute family pictures, and then the three couples went out for shaved ice after we got all our kids down. On Tuesday my parents left early with us for Colorado! It's a little longer of a drive than Fresno to Cedar, but it felt pretty similar. A day of driving is a day of driving. And it's a MUCH prettier drive.

We got into our house that night, and I feel like we just had a wave of kindness. Some little kind details from the sellers (in the pictures), a basket of groceries and milk in the fridge from our realtor, meeting multiple nice neighbors, and just feeling so grateful for my parents' help. We all climbed into sleeping bags and had our first night in our new home.

The next day we unloaded the truck by about noon. Michael's friend from high school helped for an hour and that was so kind. Then, unpacking and getting settled, slowly but surely! We're leaving our kitchen in boxes throughout our dining room, and taking apart our cabinets to paint them before we unpack. I knew it was going to be a lot of work. I wish I could just pause mom life for a few days and bust it out quickly. But I know that I'm going to love a bright white kitchen, and it will be worth it in the long run.

We broke up unpacking with a walk to Westin's school (such a cute path to the playground), visiting a neighborhood library box, Chick Fil A, Chipotle, walking around Fort Collins City Park, yummy unique tacos at DGT, Michael took care of all the annoying car stuff and I took down all our cabinets and my mom washed them. We unpacked about 85% of our stuff and now the rest is hinging on projects or purchases to get fully settled. My goal is to have this place feeling really livable by August 1st and then just doing a project at a time after that that doesn't affect our day to day life much.

Our neighborhood is so cute and we love our trees in our backyard. I specifically just love the aspens by our back deck. They feel so homey to me. We have met so many nice people already. It's hard to move and not be able to go to church or know what's going on with school. I just haven't been able to visit all of that fully in my mind yet because it feels like there's so much to get done before we're there. 

On Saturday Michael and I went on our first date in months and months. We got some Thai takeout and took it to the CSU Perennial and Annual gardens, where there are countless beautiful plants and all of them labeled. They were really fun to see! Then we picked up frozen custard and brought it home to eat with my parents during their last night here. I love them so much. I don't think I fed Camden a meal for days and days, just was able to get so much done while my mom helped him out, and my dad took off so many cabinet hinges with me. Michael went and got both our cars ready to get registered here and even cleaned them both too. Westin and Bennett threw a lot of clothes down our laundry shoot. They love it as much as I do.

We're excited to get to know all the new! At home, in the city, neighbors and friends, everything. 
It's hard to believe we're finally here.















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis