Sunday, January 17, 2021

Little Losses, Little Wins

 Michael:
is great at finding places for us to adventure, and took us to a trail behind Horsetooth Reservoir on Saturday. It was pretty icy and tricky for the first .5 miles but the last 1.5 was super smooth. Westin was thrilled because we saw HUGE paw prints in the snow and a deer leg. Soooo.... thrilled is one way to respond to that. Bennett said about two dozen times that, "Mountain lions are scared of people, right? They won't make me be dead, because they're scared of people. ...... Mountain lions are scared of people, right?" It was actually only just recently that we learned this story happened right where we were. But it's fine. Mountain lions are scared of people.. right? 

Maddie:
finished transcribing 30 episodes of The Faithful Feminists so you can read those there if you're into that. And tonight I'm finishing a big cross stitch order, so that I can then spend the rest of the month's free time all on our Kickstarter/book launch. We started up our Instagram page this week, @lightenprint, so that's a fun step! We need one more Utah trip to film some video, take some pictures, make some decisions, and then it's launch time next month. This week was a continuation of TONS of conversations with friends about politics and I'm drained but hopeful, heartbroken and...hopeful. Praying for a safe inauguration day, peaceful transition of power, and some much needed progress in our country -- plus a return of decency and class in leadership.

Westin:
gained a deep love for making his own toast this week and Monday started off with a 6:35am crash on the floor of my butter dish that I painted while Michael and I were engaged. He was soooooo sad. I was sad. But all I wanted him to know was that I loved him more than a butter dish and everyone has accidents happen, and it's ok. He hasn't made toast since and refuses to. I see so much of my heart in him sometimes -- the side that feels, "PLEASE don't make me feel worse about this because I already feel so unimaginably horrible about it." It's a real fun side to share, poor kiddo. I hope that he can channel his perfectionism for good and learn some unconditional self-love. Today he did make toast again for the first time but refused to put anything on it. Sweet boy. He also keeps talking and talking about going back to school in person this week. He's over the moon.

Bennett:
is so hard to wake up, it's hilarious. We always take them potty before we go to bed and Westin can kind of snap into what's happening and take care of what needs to be taken care of, but Bennett -- he lays back down, lays on the ground, walks into walls, stops in the bathroom staring without going potty, tries to sit on the potty with his pants on, on and on. I love his deep sleeping self. He loves to go in Camden's room when Cam Cam wakes up and make him laugh, typically with the singing elephant toy that our neighbor gave Camden for Christmas. He's also thrilled that we have some dogs here for the weekend -- but these pups apparently sleep with their owners every single night and they whine and whine, which has ended up with Michael sleeping on the couch with them since Kitty is upstairs. It's... not ideal and kind of hilarious. I could never own puppies like these little dogs... oh how we miss Rosie.

Camden:
loooooves standing up, and clapping, and playing peek-a-boo, and throwing food on the ground, and looking at books, and throwing little cars between the slats of his crib. He's not a fan of baths, or cold morning walks, or any diaper changes. He loves his daddy, loves his brothers, and loves his mama -- but honestly, it's in that order :) And he still tries to eat hairs, and has his whole life. Gross. We decided to stop cloth diapering this week at the 18-month mark because I'm feeling too too busy right now. I love not making so much trash, but the hardest part is that you have to change diapers twice as often since they just don't last as long as a disposable. So even though the extra laundry has never bothered me too much, I was just ready for some easier days with Camden. I'm a big big fan of cloth diapering in the baby stage, and a big fan when they're big babies, but not a super fan once they're entering toddler life. Camden doesn't know what to think of these puppies this weekend but they've started to leave him alone after being screeched at and scooted away from over and over :)

RIP little butter dish. You were good to us.

Lighten Print is live on Instagram!

School at home two days a week, at school two days a week for this kid,
but this week he's back to full time (Mon-Thurs).

Michael took the older boys exploring during Camden's nap on Wednesday,
and I got some transcription done so I could be done with that project.

I put up all three of these shades by myself this week and was feeling happy about that!
I really don't like using the drill without Michael, I don't know why.
But I did all three of these faster than the one shade I did in my dining room by myself,
so we're making progress.

I bought this huuuuuge mini muffin tin because it just feels like we're entering teenage years over here when it comes to groceries and food. Heaven help us when we actually get there.

Camden loves holding Westin's hands on walks lately and it's the cutest thing.



Clean babies in hooded towels. I never want to forget.

Deer bone, as spotted by Westy boy.
"When I find something cool like a deer bone,
I just want to keep talking and talking about it!"


The trail was soooo icy in some parts,
we all fell a few times. Camden seemed very skeptical of the whole experience.








Needy, needy dogs.

I'm not sure what that last part says,
but this is cracking me up right now.



Some Miner throwbacks my dad sent me this week:
Best dad.

This dog is in Westin and Bennett's room right now.


My Grandpa Miner at his house in Salt Lake

Ali looks so much like her little Elise

Apparently I thought all pictures should look like my dance team pictures.

My grandma and cousins.
I love her so much.

Dog pile on dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis