Sunday, August 1, 2021

Fun with the Walkers

Michael:
is busy this summer with lots of kids getting their wisdom teeth out! He's enjoying work a lot and it's hard to believe he's been there over a year. He's now serving in Young Men's and that's going to be fun -- he'll be working with the 16 and 17 year olds. I got some new door hinges and door knobs this week which has been on our to do list for a while and he's been replacing those throughout the week. I'm so grateful for his help with things like that! Camden says, "Daddy huggie!" about a hundred times a day.

Maddie:
I am just blown away by how fast this summer is going by. I feel like we've had one thing after another that has moved us through these few months and I've loved this summer. I love having Westin and Bennett home with me. I mean, I love Camden being home with me too but, I have nothing to compare that to :) He's been around his whole life. Taking the boys to swimming lessons for the second week was really fun for me, they both grew a lot and I had fun watching them work on new skills. They're done with city lessons now and in a couple weeks they'll start weekly lessons with a teacher together. I made my before-baby to do list this week and having it all down in a list makes me feel less stressed in my mind.

Westin:
worked so hard at swim lessons and he was so proud each day of each new thing he'd try. He's such a hard worker and huge helper to me. He loved playing with cousins all week! The Walkers came and spent Wednesday and Thursday with us, between some time in Denver with Katie and before meeting her at Keystone. It's so fun to have cousins around! We went to Twin Silos park, City Park, Shepardson playground, Whitewater park, and played at the Splash Pad downtown and got ice cream there. And played a lot in the backyard too. Westin is always asking me when he's going to see people next when they have to leave. He loves looking forward to seeing family.

Bennett:
has been playing Battleship all week, but not really Battleship. Just loving making patterns with the board and filling up all the squares with red and white pegs. I'm always amazed at how long he can stick with something and just focus on it. He worked with Miss Christie some more this week and he's trying hard to make some K sounds and W sounds and some vowel work to be more intelligible. I'm hoping this second year of preschool shows some more improvement. He and Westin played so well together all weekend -- whenever cousins leave I'm so happy that they have each other.

Camden:
is a stinker at night so we need to fix that, but he's such a sweetie. He's repeating basically any word we ask him to and talking SO much. He was such a wiggle worm at church, and at a restaurant Saturday night -- just always, always moving. He's a collector of cars and constantly wanting more of those around him in his crib at night. Westin went through a stage of sleeping with allllll the things in his toddler bed until we made a 5 things rule. I'll be anxiously waiting for when Camden has enough logic to instigate that :)











Michael hit this bunny on the nose. Twice. But luckily Westin's little arrow from the arcade does zero damage and the bunny didn't even move haha.






The project that never ends...
this week we sealed the hearth a few times and the rest of the fireplace once,
and we're still waiting on the city to come inspect the fireplace so the framing can get finished.

We went to a Mexican restaurant that one of Michael's patients own and it was SO good. 
I love good street tacos with a bar full of yummy salsas nearby, 
and always cheese enchiladas. Always.

Such a cutie getting ready for church today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis