Sunday, October 10, 2021

A Grandma & Grandpa Day

Last weekend was so fun with General Conference and Bennett's birthday.

On Monday I took Camden to the doctor with me for the first time this entire pregnancy. My doctor wasn't available Wednesday and I decided to go in on a day she was free rather than see another doctor in the group this close to go time. I just am so grateful that my Covid pregnancy is not also a residency pregnancy -- Westin and Bennett were at every single one of Camden's appointments with me. My current office didn't allow anyone with you for the first part of my pregnancy and now you can have one person if you need, but they prefer no children. But he came for the first time and was such a cutie in the stroller and he smiled when we heard the heartbeat.

We had a pretty routine week after that until Friday when we were so happy that Grandma and Grandpa could come up for a day from their visit to Parker. They're watching Katie's kids between nannies for a little bit and they brought Oliver and Finn up to play for the day. We met them at the park and had Chick Fil A, then played at home while the babies napped. Then Michael got home and we took them to the river to see the fall colors, then came home to eat soup and bread because I think we'll eat that everyday for months at this point! Westin and Bennett loved riding bikes to Sprouts with Grandpa -- they got yellow kiwis, plumcots, and pears, and Westin still keeps talking about what they should pick out next time. They love fruit, and grandpa, and bikes. Bennett tells me every day that he wants to go to Africa with grandpa to see animals. But today he told me he wants to stay there and live with the animals when he goes, so, maybe he's not allowed to make a trip to see the giraffes! Before they left back to Parker on Friday night we accidentally caught CSU's homecoming fireworks and they were so fun to see. We really love Fort Collins.

We picked up Camden's glasses Friday morning and didn't approach wearing them until Sunday, and then I just started attaching it to things. "Ok, we wear our glasses and eat cereal!" He wore them about 30 min. Then later I told him we wear glasses to church, and he wore them for 45 minutes of Sacrament meeting and then almost all of nursery, which I was surprised by. Then a little bit in the afternoon but definitely gotta work up to full time. I am shocked at how blurry things look for me when I peek through his tiny glasses -- if his vision is that bad, I would think he'd want to wear those glasses all the time and finally see well. He really doesn't like them though, and has never shown any sign of not seeing well... so I hope this is what he needs. So hard to help little kids before they can tell you details of what they need. But he sure is a cutie wearing them.

On Saturday we went to the boys soccer game (our first rough one... the other team was big and older and skilled and our all star player was out of town, and Westin got pretty discouraged by the end -- but I'm so impressed at the attitude he managed to keep. He's come SUCH a long way with being a good sport), and after the game we went to Five Guys to mystery shop burgers for lunch. Then the boys heard on the radio that Disney Plus has Toy Story of Terror for Halloween so they couldn't wait for Camden to take a nap so they could have time for a show haha. They were super bummed it's only 20 minutes... so they watched some Wild Kratts while Michael and I worked on putting a map on our wall that we've had for a while.

On Sunday Michael and the boys picked another huge box of apples, and we had apple grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. They're a thing, apparently. If you only knew all the apple creations we've recreated over here!

Four weeks to baby.

Conference last Sunday, while Westy boy did his sticker book by me. I love peaceful moments.


Camden....
left the weapon at the scene of the crime.

Can't believe this cutie is 5.



To Westin: From your secret admirer



Westin made this for Bennett at school,
and it made me emotional.
My kids relationship with each other is a high, high priority around here.

That's a guinea pig, which, if you know Bennett, you know he'd appreciate no other drawing more haha.

Just casually giving his car a bath with one hand,
pondering life.

He's not quite on the Cocomelon train... and I love him for it.

Swatted by Kitty.... he's so soft to her, until she's not.
She's so sweet to him, until she's not.

The full crew at the glasses pick up.



















The map is up!

I love how many conversations we've had with the boys about places we've been or places we want to go just since hanging this up.


Glasses and breakfast... a new tradition.

Sorry, Michael -- tried to snap a cute pic of those cute glasses,
your glasses are cute too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis