Monday, January 30, 2023

Keeping the Boones :)

Another cousin week!

I say that with full happiness although I should be more sensitive to sweet Ali who just wants her new car and her own bed, I'm sure.... but man I love having my family here so. very. much.

The toddlers had a honeymoon period of a few days and that was so fun. They've now been together long enough that they are working hard to establish dominance and ownership over things, spaces, routines, and like, each other.

Ali has come a long way with Luna though her heart always beats incredibly fast after each and every interaction. 

Dallin has learned to be soft to Asher but Asher for some reason still gets offended by any physical attention from a peer and so interventions are still needed and Dallin seems to be confused by this. Progress is being slowly made. 

Matthias told Elise he missed her and she said, "I'll come to your house soon. We'll come for Christmas!" So, she's settling in. This is my highest aunt accomplishment.

We made Cafe Rio Saturday night and took some over to my sweet friend's family who's in the hospital after having thyroid cancer removed. I've been thinking this week about how if you have a healthy family, you have everything. I'm hoping she gets to go home to her babies really soon and gets on the other side of a few complications.

Michael and I went on a nap time date to Floor & Decor as we get things rolling with finishing our basement. Decisions, man. There are a lot of them. People build entire houses! This is more amazing to me all the time.

 My health challenge with girls in my ward is 3 weeks in. I have 3 Do's, 3 Don'ts -- 64 oz water, daily 30 min exercise, daily scripture study, No treats, No eating after 8pm, and No social media after 15 min. It's been great so far, though I'm surprised that the water is the hardest part for me. Milk forever.

I'm really grateful to have Ali here this week. I have been missing friends and in a friend-making rut and just sometimes you need a good dose of solid comfort and Ali will always be that. And these little kiddos man, Dallin's hugs and laughs are so joyful and Elise is such a character.

I hope they get their car soon (says supportive Maddie) and also, no rush, Kia man (says selfish sister Maddie). Into another week with 6 kiddos under 8!

Feeling out the 100 lessons reading book with these cuties, and, it's entertaining :)

Ali is being so brave with Luna :)

Sweet snoozy boy.

This probably sums up our week more than any other picture... bless you Miss Rachel.



Luna's first walk! She crazy.
But finally vaccinated enough to get out there and girlfriend needs to burn some energy plus learn to chill.


Library story time day!





Trouble babies :)



He loves having his teeth brushed and LOVES having a brother brush his teeth.

Science project going down.
We're keeping things real simple over here.

Documenting our Floor & Decor date because I really loved walking through with Michael!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis