Sunday, January 8, 2023

On the Mend

 We kept my parents as long as we could... I arranged sicknesses and storms just so I could keep them an extra week, no regrets :) I love when they're here.

We played a lot of Cover Your Assets, watched Enola Holmes 1 and 2 with my mom, drank a lot of Bengal Spice tea, tried to get sleep, made lots of lemon chicken soup, and enjoyed being together even when we weren't at our best. 

Luna is getting used to things around here, she's had just one accident a week the last two weeks, but even those send me into a panic about when we're going to be able to trust this puppy to just hang out in our house without a full-time chaperone. She's so chewy. But so cute :)  The boys are a big help with her. 

Michael used his lemon tree's lemon to make a quite delicious lemon cake.
It also had preserved lemons in it, and turmeric, so it was the most yellow most lemony thing I've ever had.
I only wish we had it during my pregnancy with Camden when I needed all things lemon all the time.
This cake was much tastier than the night in that pregnancy when I poured lemon juice on vanilla ice cream and ate it like this is a normal thing to do.

Hot Cocoa after shoveling with grandma.
She said, "You've gotta have hot chocolate at least once each winter."
And I was like... "We definitely did that. Many times we did that."

My sweet dad.
We were all so sick, which prolonged my parents visit and they were in rough shape here while we were all in rough shape too. I felt so bad they didn't feel well, and selfishly so happy to keep keeping them longer and longer. I love having them at my house so much. We had to make an Urgent Care run for him though, and he's still pretty sick.

Morning hugs with these cuties. They love on each other so much.

We're so sad our neighbors are moving.
They're in Florida and we turned lights on/off for their showings this weekend.
Camden is the cutest little helper.

Oh I love this cutie.

Finally felt good enough on a day the roads were good enough to make their drive home.

Kelbre brings such fun things when she babysits.

We celebrated Matthew's birthday at Blue Agave. This was the first restaurant we went to on our first visit to scope out Fort Collins and I'll always think of that when we go. So happy we ended up here and have found such great people.

Little Camden is in primary now! He marched right up to give the opening prayer on Sunday,
and Bennett gave the scripture and Westin gave the talk. Just so sweet to see them all together.

I had this realization that this is my last year with a baby in class with me at church. Not even for very long either, he'll head to nursery in May. And I just love this sweet boy. He also looks so much like his cousin Jack to me in this picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis