Monday, August 14, 2023

Last Summer Campout

Living up summer until the last minute!!

Monday: Rodeo night to cheer on our mutton bustin' Bennett. It was a short ride but it was a good time :)

Tuesday: Playgroup at a new-to-us park in Loveland (such a cute waterfall water fixture) and some time at Fly High with sweet Benson. We wish he could be in Westin's class this year but their first grade friendship will last them another year!

Wednesday: Catch up on life

Thursday: Pack up, send the olders off camping with Dad and about 50 people from our ward at Curt Gowdy State Park in Wyoming. Asher and I had a little Target return date night and I bought a trash can for the basement bathroom. Our first purchase of a small-level needed item down there. Maybe I'll put some soap in there too before someone visits but as of right now you're not allowed to use the bathroom unless you want to be in charge of cleaning the bathroom from here on out. Slowly becoming usable space haha.

Friday: Asher and I drove up to play with the big crew. Got there right in time for a hike, 3 miles to a super fun waterfall area. Camden walked the whole thing and Asher loved the Ergo, and we rarely saw Westin or Bennett the whole day as they ran from here to there with different friends. Sandwiches for lunch, then lake time all afternoon -- paddle boards, kayak, beach chatting. Taco salads for dinner and a late drive home for Asher and me. Maybe next year we'll attempt to sleep in a tent with him. Or maybe the next year :)

Saturday: Helped set up for a funeral, cleaned out part of my closet, everyone came home from camping, and pickle ball date night with Timnath friends. I laughed so much and it was soo fun. I know Michael would love a good tennis match more but it at least feels like a fun way we can play together! Then we all went out for tacos, still yet to find my Fort Collins taco spot or donut spot. But finding friends is more important so at least we got that covered :)

Sunday: No more Sunday school, I'll be with the older girls in Young Womens now. Asher still can't handle nursery. Watched a World Cup game replay after church, Spain vs. Netherlands. Ate dinner at the church with the ward, those random potluck spreads... I made a ton of banana bread with all the bananas that didn't get used on our camping trip.

This was technically our last full week of summer and I can hardly believe that. It just felt so extra fast.  

Cute little rodeo kid!

He said it didn't hurt to fall off the sheep but that it did hurt to wear this helmet. #bigheadprobs


That slap-happy tired baby...

Westin opted for a new light fixture in his room. :)


Solo Target trip with this guy while brothers were camping night one with daddy.
I've literally never felt older than when I took this opportunity to physically walk through the Target clothing section for the first time in I think years. I have reached the point of letting those trends pass me by... it's fine.

Spot the chipmunk.




He had two spots he wanted to be sure to show me on the hike back and have his picture taken in. That cave and this little log tunnel :) 


They're off! I love watching my boys in this thing. So independent and cute.





Pickle ball date night followed by tacos. I love these people.
My favorite was when Michael jumped to hit the ball and missed and I hit it low from behind him and it looked like we did a total fake out on purpose but nothing about it was on purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis