Monday, July 18, 2011

Zero to Sixty

I went HERE...


And rode THIS... 


And I'm still happy about it.

That right there is Superman. The people just about to race down that drop are SO happy.
Especially the lucky two sitting in the front row.
I know this, because I was in that seat four times on Saturday. 

Roller coasters and I have come a long way. I used to refuse to go on any ride with an incline past a 50-degree angle, and never even considered a ride that involved going upside down. 
When you turn something upside down, the stuff inside falls out. 
Basic gravity, right?

But then, one fateful day in 8th grade, we took a school trip to Lagoon (it's what fun is!).
I could go on an emotional tangent right now about how much I love Lagoon. 
Let's just remember to talk about that later.

Back to the fateful day.
All my friends headed straight for Colossus long before I was mentally prepared.
I was terrified. Not only does the ride go upside down, but it goes upside down TWICE. 
Who would build such a thing?

Well, whoever it was, they're a genius. 
Thanks to pride and peer pressure, I conquered Colossus that day. 
Then rode it again. And again. And again...

And now I have a constant roller coaster craving.

Six Flags America definitely satisfied it. For at least a week.

1 comment:

  1. Pride, peer pressure, and me wearing you down with my constant begging for the ten years prior to that fateful day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis