Wednesday, July 11, 2012

And Wiser Too

I love a good birthday.

My mom always put the same silver "Happy Birthday" sign up on our wall,
for all our birthdays.

I loved waking up to that sign. It made for a good, good day.

Today, it was Mr. Jaren's #5. It also happens to be my 5th year anniversary of being an aunt!
The events are directly related.


He had a Spiderman birthday, of course. And he chose to go to Winger's for dinner,
because popcorn comes first there. 

Isn't he a cutie? I'm excited for him to be five,


I'm so glad I got to play with this cute family on Jaren's birthday. They mean so much to me.
They let me move in after Washington DC last summer, and took good care of me.
Lehi just feels like another home on my list now.


I'm really going to miss them.


And they're already missing Michael.
Lydia took my phone today while I was talking to him,
then talked at him for a good long while. She'd get angry when I'd ask for it back, saying
"I'm almost done!"
Then she'd search her little head for something, anything, to keep talking about.
She would've married Michael if I didn't beat her to it.


They're just fun. 
My brother and sister-in-law are so nice to let me hang around their cute family all the time.

When my brother and sister and I would fight when we were little,
my parents would tell us that some day we would grow up and be best friends...
so we might as well start treating each other that way early.

We probably didn't believe them,
during those fights.

But they were right.

And they read this, so I hope they're enjoying their
"I Told You So" moment. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very true...so hard not to write "I told you so." Oops. Just did.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis