Sunday, October 21, 2018

Goals and Fun

Best parts of our week:
Getting our carpets cleaned (for free!), seeing Westin conquer his swimming level that he's been stalled at for a while, going to dinner with some residents' wives to celebrate babies, having fun at a pumpkin patch/carnival that Westin has been talking about every time we go to the post office (it's across the street), dinner with daddy on Saturday, and just playing together.

The rough parts:
Toddler anger! Heaven help us. Really though, I ask for help with this from heaven every day.

The happiest part:
Watching Westin and Bennett ride carnival rides together without mom or dad.

The sweetest part:
Hearing Westin pray "Please help the Gospel make me not nervous for swimming lessons" and before we went in to the pool he told me, "This will be hard -- but I can do it! I KNOW I can!" And he did! He has been nervous to do a "superman" for about 4 weeks now, but he finally conquered. That meant he goes to 30 minute lessons instead of 20, with a new time and new teacher. He'll be with 3 other kids now instead of 1, and learn some different skills. We're so proud of our Westy boy!

Pictures for the rest!

Sundays with my boys! Bennett did 40 min of nursery by himself this week.
Westy and I did our last 2-hour primary program practice -- next week is the big day!





Their faces are the best!

This was so sad and so Bennett -- the boys got these two balloons with rubber band handles with some kids meals. When daddy was blowing up Bennett's blue balloon, it popped. He looked a little sad, then grabbed the rubber band and started running around and bouncing it just like Westin's balloon. He was so happy and content and not even sad that his balloon was broken :)










Pumpkins at Preschool!

Library Story Time

Gym time at preschool

One time our neighbors trimmed their trees and all of it fell in our yard... ? Two sides of it.
Is this not so weird? I was so weirded out by this... the boys enjoyed playing with them for a little bit.
Maybe at a different time we would happily cut them all up and throw them all away.
But during our so-little-Michael time... I maybe just threw them back over the fence....


This little Kubo dog didn't know how to go for a walk. I tried to get him to ride with Bennett but Bennett didn't love that...
in the end we just gave up after two blocks!

And Bennett decided he'd have storytime instead of a walk.

But Kubo wasn't a very good audience.

My Aunt Marj has written a birthday card to all of her posterity for years and years. She is my great-aunt, in her 90s, and I've gotten a birthday card from her my entire life. This was the first card that was dictated and I just was really struck by her service and priorities and the way she has loved her family so well her whole life.

These slippers magically appeared in my mailbox from Old Navy. I never ordered them. They're the most random things.
Pre-KonMari I may have just thought it was funny and put them on my shoe shelf. But I took them into Old Navy and told them I never ordered these, and she said she could give me a prepaid shipping label to return them or I could bring them into a store. And we were having this conversation in the store? Just felt like an appropriately weird conversation to end the weird situation.

Go Westin!


Lunch Dates.

Westin grew this pumpkin! And he was just so excited to make pumpkin seeds and eat them.

Play dough entertainment during carpet cleaning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis