Monday, October 15, 2018

Pumpkin Patch

There are still balloons on our ceiling. My birthday went straight to Bennett's 2nd, with Michael's early November b-day right around the corner. Will they last until Thanksgiving when Westin turns 4? Maybe.

We made it to a pumpkin patch this week, which means it's officially fall. If you pay no mind to the 85 degree highs, the cool nights almost do feel like crisp weather is here. The boys loved the corn pit at the pumpkin patch, and the tractor ride. The worst part was having to take off your shoes for said corn pit, because Bennett refuses help putting shoes on or off this week. Screams when he can't do it. Screams when you try to help. Claps when he has success. Usually puts them on the wrong feet and fiercely says "Noooo" if you try to tell him so. Turning two = turning independent. Passionately independent. Two-year-olds throw a lot of sass. Almost four-year-olds throw more.

Our highest points with Westy boy this week were his total model moments during our family picture shoot (he was killing it! While Bennett would only act like a mean dinosaur...) and our zoo trip on Monday that daddy randomly had off of work (thanks for recognizing Columbus Day, VA hospital). Low points were... all the fights at home. We had some rough ones this week. Westin's happier keeps getting happier and his angry keeps getting angrier, and I'm so drained by the lows. I can keep my patience for quite a while but when it's gone it's GONE and then we all feel sad and mad. Kids, man.

I might hide my TV in a closet. I think it's the source of some of our issues. And actually, as I wrote that I remembered reading my friend's blog when she put her TV in her closet. I remember thinking she was so disciplined and awesome. I wonder if she felt desperate and exasperated? Because I don't feel very disciplined and awesome but I do feel desperate and exasperated. She really is awesome though.

Always want to remember: Bennett's kisses good night, Westin's made up stories at dinner, the boys giving "big hugs" before bed, watching them play in the backyard with each other -- a little longer without me every day, Bennett's face when he colors on the walls and you tell him to not color on the walls, Westin's face when he wants you to listen to "my rock and roll band!" while he strums his ukulele, reading a book to them both before a nap, hearing them laugh.

Ok to forget: failing and yelling, legitimately not knowing how to respond to a tiny person's anger, how many times I clean my kitchen every day, the way my neighbor's dog barks forever around 3am, the times I think my kids might actually hurt each other, and how tired I felt this Sunday night. 

Bring on that two-hour church block.

Getting those wiggles out after family pictures. He got them out all during them too.


Balloons going strong.

I love them, just so much.

The Sunbeam crew, minus Colt.

Their pumpkin picks! Westin has asked to make pumpkin seeds everyday since, so I think his pumpkin is only going to live until tomorrow. Time to roast those seeds!

Westin has so much fun playing with Colt.







Libby girl! She came a few months ago and was a tiny fur ball puppy. We were shocked when she showed up this week and was already this big.

If I could just be as patient as Rocko, we'd be doing ok.


From preschool. He says they were going to Florida.

Music time



Bennett's hands in his pockets. The best.

Michael's sister found this old picture of him this week. :)

This box has sat empty on the bottom shelf of a little table I have since we got married, just to kind of hide our router. Bennett recently discovered it and carts it around everywhere, full of all his puzzle pieces. 

Finding "bugs" at library story time.

Bennett loves to take his turtle everywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis