Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!

I'm so grateful Michael is my kids' dad! They love him so much. Westin has been making him Father's Day pictures and cards all weekend. He has me write out what he wants to say and then copies it letter by letter himself onto his card. We made Michael a blueberry coffee cake on Sunday morning, so the final card Westin wanted to write says, "Happy Father's Day, blueberry boy." I took the boys to stake conference early Sunday morning, and Michael got home right when we did. We had Father's Day brunch together then everyone took a nap. Successful Sunday. We're grilling tri-tip for dinner (Fresno is obsessed with tri-tip?) and just happy to have our dad around today!

Michael and I have the best dads. I'm so grateful we both grew up with their examples and that we still learn from them all the time.

Other events this week:
End of year residency dinner -- meaning we're about to kick off Michael's chief year of residency!
Watching tons of dogs
Ward swim group
Mara's birthday party
Morning walks before it's HOT
Finally getting an umbrella for our patio furniture, we need shade around here!
Zokus every day. Every single day.


Rosie girl wants to keep up with the boys on their bikes,
but this mama cannot keep up with the boys on their bikes. Sorry, girl.

Once we hit our street she just takes her leash in her mouth and walks herself home.



Sasha wasn't our fave dog but she was pretty good,
but the best part was Bennett saying her name all week.
So dang cute when he says it.

Making "binoculars"

Bennett likes to hand feed dogs their food piece by piece.
Quite the treatment. Keeps all parties entertained.



This is my very favorite thing in a Zoku right now. I think about it all day.

"Ok daddy, don't move. Mama, take a picture."

This little spaniel was actually super cute, just too much barking.



All the residents! Michael works with such great people.

We forgot to get a picture during our night out as always,
but took a quick one when we got home.

Westin's working hard at writing the three sentences he wanted me to write out for him.
"Thanks for being my daddy."
"Thanks for going to work for us."
"I'm so glad you're my daddy and I love you."

This golden doodle is a sweetheart.

I am still in nesting mode (cleaned out my nightstand this week, started cleaning all our blinds... the worst job),
and decided to just let Westin have reign over my old digital camera that has just been sitting in my drawer.
He thought it was so cool and it was fun to watch him explore how to use it.

Trader Joe's date with Westin! We needed to get blueberries for daddy's coffee cake.

Bennett's heaven -- watching a nature show with daddy and a dog.

The dog really had no choice in the matter.
If it left, Bennett went to go find him and pulled him back to the couch.

No dog was safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis