Sunday, July 7, 2019

Happy Fourth of July!

Michael:
had the Fourth off AND the weekend, too bad that Friday of work was stuck in the middle or we would've gone on an adventure! But we spent the Fourth taking the boys to Toy Story 4, getting burgers at Five Guys instead of grilling our own, and playing at the River Park playground. On Saturday we went to clean the church, and then went to the Home Depot workshop for this month and the boys loved making tow trucks. I was so grateful to have Michael there! The last time I went with the boys by myself was kind of a struggle. And then we were so happy to have him on a Sunday morning and at church with us. We don't miss trauma hours a bit!

Maddie:
feels like my tailbone/hips are broken. Or something. I don't know, the end of pregnancy is a trip. We're 12 days from baby and I'm just living on the fact that each uncomfortable day is one day closer! I've almost finished my nesting to do list, so hopefully I'll get that done this week. I expanded our job search this week, we have no idea where we'll end up next year and just keep hoping that something feels right as we pursue lots of different paths! We feel kind of all over the map. I read some stuff this week about how far just 10 minutes of focused, one-on-one, quality time goes with kids and have tried implementing that. I know I already am with my kids for basically all their time, but so often we are all just busy at home and days can become a blur. I've noticed a big difference in my mood when I can know that I've dedicated focused, intentional time with each Westin and Bennett. We're also reading tons more book lately since my rocking chair is my preferred position, and I'm loving that. I feel so happy when my kids have had plenty of books and outside play in their day. But don't get me wrong, there's lots of Wild Kratts happening over here right now too. Pregnant summer survival.

Westin:
Knows that we've been saying forever that July is when the baby comes, so he is excited that we're finally here. He says he's excited and says he'll be a "bigger" brother now. But he also tells us in the same conversations that "this should be our last baby... they're so whiny." I finally told him how babies grow out of whining and become a fun person in your family, and that even babies are cute and fun too, and he said, "Ok, you can have 13 then." I think we'll shoot for somewhere between 0 and 13 and much closer to the 0 side, but glad he's on board. He picks up on our job search talk and has started telling us that he doesn't want to leave his friends in Fresno. I love how much he loves his friends. He has also become a magnet building master in the last couple weeks and I'm so impressed with his creations. Another funny thing he said this week was, "We should have a stand tomorrow to sell watermelon because people eat that on America's birthday, because it's red. I can make the sign. 'You can get watermelon here. If you want a different fruit, find a different stand.'" I think the straightforward marketing is refreshing.

Bennett:
is just always a party. He just skips through life with his super happy and animated demeanor and we all love him for it. This week Westin asked if he could get in the pool and I said no because they weren't in swim suits. "But Bennett did?" And I look outside and he was already in the pool, so I told Westin he could too. Then he came inside and asked me if he could take kitchen toys into the pool and I said no, and he said, "But Bennett did?" And I look outside and he already had some pots and pans out there. So I told him he could too. And then I see Westin's wheels start turning, like, "Maybe Bennett's onto something... why am I asking so many questions in life?" Dang it. Those two. I'm so grateful they have each other for these upcoming newborn weeks. I love when they play well together. Brothers are the best! We're so excited to meet #3!

Another afternoon that I didn't put swimsuits on them before they found themselves in the pool.
This is why laundry is what it is :)


Michael got very creative with his pancake making on the Fourth.

A Michael Daetwyler signature breakfast.




Westin looked at Fourth of July foods on Pinterest with me and picked out these.
They were super easy and fun for the boys, I love simple holiday foods.


We forgot about fireworks, but Westin did not...
so at 4pm on the Fourth we stopped by a fireworks stand and grabbed a little set.

Bennett was super into sparklers, Westy was very unsure.





I feel like I spend so much of my life loading up two IKEA plates,
just to load them up again a little later. And again a little later.
My boys are both eating SO much right now and I keep waiting for this phase to pass,
because in the past their eating has gone up and down. But now I'm wondering if we're just here. For the rest of our lives.

I finally got Westin a preschool workbook because he misses that Campus Preschool life so much.
We usually do a few pages after his quiet time while Bennett is still napping.

These boys love building at Home Depot!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis