Sunday, March 1, 2020

NYC + That Utah Drive

We spent the beginning of the week prepping for trips and that last part of the week road tripping that well-known stretch of road between here and Utah.

Fresno warmed up so much this week, which made all of the almond orchards hit their peak blossom time. I've wanted to get family pictures done in the Fresno blossoms during our last year, and that can usually be early March so we planned on taking care of that after our trips. But... when those 70 degree days hit, I knew we had to get to the orchards before our trips! There wouldn't be any blossoms left when we came back in two weeks. So on Tuesday we booked a Wednesday family photo shoot before Thursdays trips -- Maddie and the boys to Utah, Michael to NYC. Totally normal thing to do before big trips. I'm so glad we did, though! Almond blossoms in Fresno are amazing. We're basically growing almost the whole world's almonds in this valley.

Then Thursday morning the boys and I drove as far as Cedar City, spent a couple nights, then up to Salt Lake City on Sunday. Michael went to the airport Thursday afternoon and had a fun few days at a conference in New York City with one of the other chief residents.

We've made that drive quite a few times and it's always a little daunting. My boys are awesome little road trippers, but I'm always relieved when we make it safely somewhere. I'm ready for Michael to join us on more of our road trips! But also, Michael hates road trips... we'll have to figure that out later. Michael had a lot of fun exploring New York City for the first time, but it was freezing and he's had a horrible cough for weeks. It was still fun for him to get away on a quick, fun trip though.

Sweet Bennett. He rarely falls asleep during the day anymore but I always capture it when he does.

This baby! He's seeming so much bigger lately, but still acting like a baby haha.
Not quite sitting up, not quite eating food, not quite sleeping through the night. Or half of the night.
But we love him oh so much.




Always wrestling.



SUU walks during Cedar days.
These boys are crazy about snow.


I had to grab a bunch of Crumbl flavors for a taste test while I was in Cedar.
The lemon surprised us all. I'll always be loyal to chocolate chip. Westin loved the s'more,
and this was the first time Bennett willingly stopped eating a dessert and told me his tummy was full.
I love when my kiddos do that.

The puzzled together taste test cookie.
Peanut Butter and Jelly was another pleasant surprise.


Taking Ali to dinner during her last pregnant weekend!
Mediterannean food.




Michael's NYC Trip:























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis