Sunday, April 19, 2020

Another Isolated Week

Michael:
Still working three days a week, still our favorite guy. We went hiking all together on Monday and it felt so fun to pack a picnic and be gone all day, and take a long hike together. We'd done this trail before -- it's actually a blocked off road for power employees but you can walk it. It's nice to take bikes and strollers on a paved trail. The hike is three miles to the waterfall/caves and three miles back, but the boys did pretty great. Really great would be if no whining occurred. Some of us did really great. Some of us did pretty good. We won't name names. But I will say that Michael did really great. :)

Maddie:
I loved hiking on Monday SO much. And the I really like doing Westin's schoolwork with him and his Chef of the Week Wednesdays, class Zoom meetings, etc. It's fun to do those things with him and see what he naturally gravitates to and what he doesn't think is very fun. I think I fractured my wrist and it's driving me crazy. Hopefully it's not that extreme. I somersaulted over it coming out of a headstand outside and something has been off ever since and it's driving me crazy. All my spare time seems to gravitate to looking at houses for sale and rent and that's only so healthy at this point. But it's fun!

Westin:
liked watching the Disney Elephants documentary this week, and we also watched some of the One World concert. He left watching that and found a card from my desk and wrote a thank you card to doctors on it. "Thank you for keeping people safe. Love, Westin" and then asked if Michael could take it to work for him. He told me he was scared at bedtime one night, which he never ever does, so we sang "Count Your Many Blessings" and talked about all the good things he could think about while he fell asleep. He says he loves that song now. He's so so sweet.

Bennett:
his speech is coming along really well! I love hearing him express himself more. He's also still so snuggly and I love him for it. He loves having Westin around more, loves doing Chef of the Week with us, and really loves a good bike ride through the tunnel. He's sweet to Camden and loves to give him kisses when I put him down for nap time. Sometimes he repeats every word I read of Green Eggs and Ham and other times he doesn't want to do his flashcards or any sort of practice. I just go off his lead and try to make it fun when he's in the mood to work on some speech. He loves animals still. Often too much. Kitty is quite patient.

Camden:
Hit a low this week in the sleep department, crying from 12 to 3 one night. I fed him multiple times, changed him multiple times, gave him Tylenol, rocked him, gave him space, held him, put him down, everything. He was just so unhappy. The Tylenol did seem to help after a bit, and I think teething is the culprit. He's been waking up two times a night for what feels like much too long now, but the last two nights he woke up only once around 2:30. It has felt so much better to get a little longer stretch of sleep in. We love our Cam Cam. It's so cute when he loves a food. Fish is by far his favorite food so far. He's crazy for tilapia or salmon. He also really loves black beans, applesauce, and sweet potato fries. Still not sure about avocados and cottage cheese these days but he'll eat a few bites of whatever we have, typically. Such a fun, happy baby. I can't believe he's 9 months old.

It felt so good to get out for an adventure day.







This waterfall was completely over this bridge when we did this hike three years ago.


Lunch break.


We found a salamander!
Which we later learned was called a Newt.
But we thought we found a salamander.




"I miss you K-1 Family"
Westin's note on the back of his homework to turn into his teacher.
Sweet boy.


Bennett and I are plowing ahead with his speech therapy!
He loved Christine but we like playing games together and working on his words.

I read the bedtime stories, then daddy time is making up bedtime stories.

Sunshine for chef of the week!

Lemon Chia pancakes are my favorite.

"Call it, Benny."
"Ready. Set. Gooooooo!"

The year started out oh so strong.
Travel, straight into Corona virus time...
we're scaling back expectations.

He built a snowman after a particularly warm walk.
This boy's ready to move to snow.

Our first Cafe Rio fix since this all went down.
Pretty strange to see everywhere looking like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis