Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter & Quarantine Quotes

Happy Easter!

I absolutely love Easter Sunday. The feeling of spring, the knowledge that Jesus Christ lives, the happiness of knowing everything will be made right because of our Savior, and teaching these truths to beautiful children -- such a wonderful time.

This Easter was obviously unique but I loved taking the sacrament with our own little family, listening to Grandma and Grandpa Daetwyler speak on their stake conference Zoom meeting, making Resurrection Rolls with Westin and Bennett, and all 5 of us taking a Sunday nap at the same time. That last one is borderline magical at this point.

Quarantine is a trip. Isolation is just an unnatural way to live but we're so grateful to be healthy. Here's a few quotes to let you know just how we're doing around here.

W: "Mom, I don't want to go on a walk. I'm too used to it. Can we go to the dentist?"
(He knows parks, zoos, friends, etc are off the table -- I think he figured we at least have to be able to go to the dentist if we want to, and it's high time to get out and do ANYthing. Honestly, I would've been happy to take him to a dentist appointment had that been an option.)

B: "Mama, look out for heh-heh ugh!"
This is Bennett speak for "Mom, don't step in this dog poo!" on our walk. It's the cutest thing. He always stops and waits for me to catch up (because they're quick on their little bikes while I'm walking with my stroller) and makes sure I don't step on the clearly visible poop. He looks out for me. And I love the way he calls dogs "heh-heh" (like a dog's panting noise) and poop "ugh" (because, and we're getting real descriptive here but whatever, that's the noise I made to help him learn how to poop way back when he was potty training and that just really stuck with him.

Me: "Michael, a construction worker waved at the boys with a backhoe today. They were so happy! It was the best part of our ... month." I almost said day. Then week. Then realized the full truth.

Michael: "I'm going to buy all this carving stuff. Here, push this purchase button, now it's my anniversary gift. I need a hobby." 
No one anticipated 30-hour weeks during his chief year. He's going into the hospital three days a week still, and we eat dinner together every night. WE EAT DINNER TOGETHER EVERY NIGHT. I can't convey the craziness of that enough. I've eaten so many dinners that were just an extension of breakfast and lunch -- me and a couple crazy kids, and a cute baby. Now it's family dinner and we eat outside and watch our squirrels and the boys run around between bites.

Me: (To the boys after I made soup with Traeger grilled chicken, fresh squeezed lemons, sliced carrots and mushrooms and celery and artichokes, orzo pasta, and then made cheddar garlic biscuits last minute to go with it all.)
"What's your favorite dinner ever?"
Westin: "Umm cereal. That one time you let us have cereal for dinner."
Bennet: "Just yadduh." (Water)
You guys, why do I... we can't go there. It's too dark of a place.

W: "Mama, I was looking for Kitty under your bed. 
But maybe I'll forget about the book I saw by Easter?"
This was the day before Easter.

B: "Then boo-boo (shoot) the Gray Why Shaw (great white shark) in the yadduh (water), then the Gray Why Shaw uh-oh! (hurt).
I know sometimes we don't recognize all that moms do, so please let it be known that I am literally fluent in another language right now while teaching that little person to be fluent in English. I feel quite accomplished about it, honestly.

Michael: "Why would I not want to grow cannibas? It's such an important plant."

Overall, we are great because we are healthy. What a huge blessing.
Michael is my constant reminder of what to worry about and what to let go of.
I feel like I make routines to survive, and Michael then helps me break routines to survive. I need both and he's so good at knowing what we should and shouldn't worry about.

What a time.



Zoom chat with his BFF Weston

Always building

This kid loves school, but he loves his math worksheets a million times more than reading/writing

Practicing that tricky last name.
He'll be spelling it over the phone multiple times his whole life.

Our sweet adopted grandma LoRane brought these books by
because she said Bennett LOVED when she'd read them to him back when
she babysat during my physical therapy appointments. She's an angel.

Chef of the week -- bunny face.

Always wrestling out there these days.

Westin's Sunday school teacher, LoRane again, brought cookies for the boys.
They were so happy.

These two fall asleep so quick after we put the boys down.
Then I mess around working on this or that until midnight because I love my children and I love when they're asleep.


A leprechaun trap. The dandelions are gold to lure them in. Not bad.


Easter!

Kitty kept messing around with this egg then became protective.

Early morning Kentucky stake conference.
We love those special speakers!

I forgot to take a pic before Camden went down for a nap and Michael changed church clothes.
I jokingly asked him to put them back on and his face was well worth the joke.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis