Monday, May 10, 2021

Hikes & Mother's Day

This week Westin wrote his teachers some cute notes for Teacher Appreciation Week, we worked on some house projects in between some bigger house projects, and we found a fun hike on Saturday. Sunday was a peaceful, happy Mother's Day (peace was the only thing I asked for and I greatly appreciated the gift!).  




I took my jigsaw to the back of this larger box, cut out the whole backside, and then put all of our internet router and cords inside. Michael drilled a hole in the back of our bookcase, so now when it's all put together all of our internet mess is hidden away. It makes me happy!

Boys will always stop to watch the garbage man.

After some insulation and electrician work happened, Michael spray foamed a bunch of other random spots from the outside of our house to help with this area that just seems to get so hot/cold depending on the weather. It has made a huge difference! We found a sock from the previous owner stuffed into one of the holes... decided to get rid of it and go the spray foam route :) Then we got rid of a couple unneeded hook ups and Michael filled them up and I've been painting over them. I just really missed painting ;)

Try to spy Benny, who is spying on our neighbors... he loves them haha.

Michael took all three boys on individual dates to get a burger over the last couple weeks. On Bennett's date he asked, "Bennett, what's your favorite thing to do?" Bennett immediately said, "I like to get a bag and make it into a zebra!" And that left Michael like, ok.....
Then at the end of the week this came home in Bennett's folder. So that's making a little more sense now haha.

Camden loves spotting bunnies in the yard.

But just can't ever quite get as close as he'd like before they take off.

My sweet friend started a macaron business and we were excited to get one of her first shipped batches! Twelve different flavors, Westin loves a good taste test.



Such a cutie... sometimes I have to go in when he naps past 4:15 or so.
Just such a sweet little sleeping thing.

A little Saturday hike! We were significantly slower because Camden wanted to hike just like the big kids do.







All our baseball hats are BYU from just all sorts of hand me down situations or this or that, so we look like big fans on our hikes!

Mother's Day!
Some of our moments look like this, but some really, really don't. I'm continuously surprised by how hard it is to be a mom, and how great, and how exhausting going back and forth between those two can be. I don't think I'm raising kids in the way almost all the women in my ancestry did -- far from family. And I can feel in my bones there's a reason that isn't what they did, but I'm also grateful for all the new ways we have to stay connected to each other that have never been available before. These boys have me busier than I've ever felt in my life, which feels reallllly busy, but I see the way they are changing right before me even as the days feel long.

Sweetest little notes.

Westin was excited that he figured out how to make me a heart out of legos.
That's love!

Watching some home videos of these cuties.

Michael and I are switching off each week for now taking the boys to church while Camden naps, because in June we're changing times and be able to all go together. I think maybe a banana split during online church in a quiet home should be a Mother's Day tradition...

Bennett spent SOO long adding all the letters and numbers he knows all over every inch of this card. Then he brought it to me so proud, and I said, "Oh wow, thank you Bennett! What does this say?"
He looked at me like I was ridiculous and said, "I don't know, I can't read!"
Haha we all laughed and then I "read" the sweet little message and he looked so proud of himself. It was my favorite moment from the whole day. They have the sweetest hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis