Sunday, September 12, 2021

Grandparents, Boys Weekend, & Keystone with Kindal


This week was rejuvenating in so many ways!

Grandma and Grandpa Miner
came to visit us and I feel like I can get so caught up on life while they're here. We took them to the CSU Flower Gardens, they watched the boys while Michael and I got thai food and a movie date in, they stayed home with napping Camden so that we could take Westin and Bennett to the Paw Patrol movie, my mom watched Camden while my dad helped me install my stair runner, they walked my kids to school 3x a day so I had my first week in forever where my hip/pelvic pain was way more manageable, my mom is a pro at using produce around so suddenly we were eating applesauce and apple zucchini bread and soups and delicious things, we played Cover Your Assets with Westin and he thought it was extra fun to beat grandparents :), we watched Nate Bargatze Netflix comedy shows at night and just laughed and laughed, and my dad brought copies of the same crossword puzzle from the newspaper in Cedar so we could do them together and I just loved that. We are so happy when family can visit us, it's the BEST.

They stayed with my boys during Thursday and Friday days until Michael got home from work, so I could go on a Keystone weekend with Kindal for all things Lighten Print, and just to have a little girls weekend before baby boy comes here and owns my nights for the next year. The minute I left I noticed Michael's tire pressure light was on, so I texted to see how long that had been on. It was new as of that day... of course :) Then 50 miles down the road it started flashing, which I've never seen it do, so I had to turn off my podcasts and stay in the right lane and pray myself to the nearest Costco tire center which was 17 miles away. I just really didn't want to stop at a random spot that might take forever or not have what I need but I didn't know if it was smart to not pull over right away... but through prayers I made it there and checked all my tire pressures.... 35, 34, 36... and 14. Michael and Bennett had visited a stone masonry place the day before and I think they ran over a nail on their adventure, and it was unfortunately not reparable so I had to wait a couple hours for a replacement. But honestly, waiting in a Costco for two hours without kids, I mean..... easy. Easy easy. I was so grateful it wasn't worse. Then I had a new tire and got on my way.

Kindal and I had the best weekend. We worked on our website, our blog, setting up a new email list so we can keep in touch with all our Kickstarter backers in new way plus have a new way for people to subscribe from our website, planned social media systems, talked about holiday plans, started brainstorming illustrations/outlines for our next book, and just caught up on life and had fun eating food and being together and having time to just actually talk in person and not on Marco Polo. Such a glorious weekend.

Michael and the boys had a fun boys weekend, and he even let them all sleep in our bed one night. Even Camden made it until about 1am, which, I am shocked. Never could I ever sleep with all my children in a bed haha. I won't lie, it was REALLY fun putting just one person to bed, brushing just one person's teeth, feeding just me, and sleeping how much my body wanted to sleep each night. I've long since stopped sleeping through the night which is a shame and a wasted opportunity during that solo weekend, but it was at least very restful in its own way still.

The boys started soccer this weekend and I was sad to miss that! They're on the same team and I can't wait to watch one of their games. They thought going to a movie was so much fun. And they've been looking forward to boys weekend for a while, but they were happy to see me when I got home :)

Such a happy, rejuvenating week


Bennett could not peel his eyes away from the big screen for a picture haha

"Bennett, smile!" Haha still no eye contact

I may have taken a nap.
The boys were shocked I slept through the final Paw Patrol rescue scene.
I'd like to say someday they'll understand, but.... #pregnancy.

Bedtime books with grandpa

Last time I used a staple gun while pregnant was with my upholstered chairs and I swore I'd never do something like that in that state again. Never say never :)
I'm so happy to have this done.




Music time for Benny

Weekly swim lessons. Bennett has come so far with his fear of water!

Downtown Splash Pad with Grandma and Grandpa



We rode the gondola in Breckenridge and it was so warm that day!
Time for fall.


Kindal testing out her new camera. She's so talented at so many things!






This is soooo cute to me.



Westin looking 18





Potstickers and rice by the river.
Dads are fun.




This cracks me up. Never could I ever catch a wink of sleep in this situation.

Carrot harvest!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis