Sunday, September 19, 2021

Turning 33

Michael:
was on double call this week and actually had a few surgeries and checks come up this weekend, but still nothing like residency. He's been wanting a big stone bench in the backyard for a while and got that put back there with a guy from the stone place, so that made him happy. And he spent his day off with his chain saw because a big tree branch in our front yard started hanging over the sidewalk pretty bad after breaking, so I think that made him happy too. Even though outside does take so much of his time off. 

Maddie:
turned 33! I'm not sure about 33 yet. Always a little apprehensive of the odd years. I'm so happy 32 brought my book into the world but 33 will bring out last cute baby here and I'm really looking forward to meeting him. Having 7 weeks left of pregnancy feels so daunting. Michael had to help me up the stairs last night and those moments are just so frustrating -- I want to be a pregnancy all star but I'm just not. My Tuesday birthday with Camden was a good, chill day and I felt so loved from so many people that I love. Michael made me Apple Fritter Bread before he left for work that day, which was so nice and super yummy. On Saturday I went to the beginning of stake women's conference and then left early to watch the boys play soccer. 

Westin:
is figuring out his first grade vibe, we've had some highs and lows with this year starting. He's such a sweetheart. He was so scared of a storm this week and when I get glimpses of how little he still is it really humbles me, because man he's expected to help out a lot around here and he does a great job with it. But he's still 6 and I just love him for being our guinea pig and the oldest of this crew. He was so so fun to watch during his soccer game Saturday. He's a quick runner and good at running back to defend the goal when the ball comes down to their goal. They won 4-1 and he cheered so much when they would score. 

Bennett:
was not too sure about soccer and isn't too into running and likes to ask how much longer frequently throughout the game haha. Such a cutie. He is two years younger and just such a cutie and I feel bad he's getting thrown into soccer at the same time as his big brother, but that's just the way their age gap goes. He was so fun to watch too. I told him "Five more minutes, Bennett!" And that gave him some spring in his step and he ran toward the ball to kick it for the first time -- problem was, it was when the other team was getting ready for an inbound kick so he tried to steal it from a confused kid who was just trying to pass it into his team. Bennett had such a determined face in that moment and it was the game highlight for me.

Camden:
is so cute and so frustrating, #twoyearolds. He had some potty training regression this week which is totally normal and totally the worst. Thank goodness these kids play outside a lot, that's all we'll say about that situation. He's loving his alphabet book and choo choo train book, and is such a picky eater but then ate two huge bowls of a sweet potato/turkey/pumpkin/black bean chili I made this week that had so many other veggies in it, and I was so weirded out that he even touched it. These kids are unpredictable. Makes me feel a little crazy :)

Library Day at Preschool

Camden and I picked up some free stuff on my birthday and shared it for lunch.

Taking care of the broken branch. 

I sewed the edge of the extra rug from my stair runner project and stuck it here for now.
I'll probably be a door mat somewhere soon but it's fun to have it here for a bit.

I love watching him play when he hasn't spotted me yet,
so he's not whining for something at the moment :)

Michael and his little monkey that never leaves his side.


My sous chef stacking spices


Church videos on Sundays. I love their little faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis