Sunday, May 22, 2022

Almost Summer

 We're heading into the final days of school!

Bennett finished this week. He did two years of the pre-k program at our elementary school and I loved that he was in the same place as Westin. We've played with his bestie from school a couple times since then and they have fun. 

Westin finishes this Wednesday and then we are in summer mode! We're looking forward to some mini camping trips and a long Utah trip in the next couple months. 

Camden has clicked with his balance bike. He goes so fast now! I'm a little bummed this happened literally the last week of school, because we worked so hard to get him up to speed for school walks, but I'm glad it's happened. This should make for some walks this summer that are actually exercise for me now.

Michael and I have been staying up too late watching this show and then Asher has been waking up too often, so nights are a little silly right now. But on Friday I worked out before my family woke up for the first time since Asher was born. That feels like a milestone. But it still doesn't feel all the way in my control -- if he's up from 2-4:30 like last night, I'm not working out at 6 :) But if he has a good night, I loved starting the day like that. Though Michael thought I went downstairs to make a delicious breakfast, so... that was a little disappointing for him, haha. Oh man, I don't know if I can ever do all the things! But baby steps during these baby days.

Pretty low key week, heading into hopefully some low key summer days. I made the boys a checklist for things to get done each day before they ask me to watch a show and I hope that helps put our days on autopilot mode rather than mom nagging mode. But we know there will be both!

Bennett had his bestie from school over and they had a lot of fun.

Sitting up. My heart.
And now I'm posting all the variations of this picture because I love them all,
and I love this baby, and I want to freeze time except for the days when I love that time is moving :)
But mostly I want to freeze time.







Their bond.



Empanada time

Camden totally has skeeter syndrome





This cutie is a nightmare at bedtime these days. Crying and whining for 90+ minutes.
We're testing out quiet time rather than nap time, but he still falls asleep during it.

I took these boys on a walk instead of putting them to bed one night.
Summer does that to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis