Sunday, March 19, 2023

Back Home

We had a couple slow days in Cedar after the nonstop busy book weekend. This was our boys' Spring Break -- you wouldn't know it, since two weeks ago we were in Florida and last week we left to Utah. But NOW is actually the time they are out of school :) So we had a few days to get our energy back then made the 10-hour drive home to be with Michael for the last few days of the break. It felt really, really good to have these busy weeks go so well and be behind us. Florida and the market were both huge mental loads on me the last couple months but in the best way. I loved planning for them and I loved experiencing them, and I love that we are looking at a couple months where my only travel plans don't involve the boys -- Asher's going to start taking one nap solidly (he's still struggling to not need two) and going to sleep through the night more consistently, I just know it.

Cedar City gives life to my soul. I grew up in the best town! And I love that my parents are still in my house. Lots has changed but a lot also hasn't. Pictures for this week!

Blurry but this kid.
So clingy after I left him for all of Friday and Saturday days for market stuff and book signings.

Bracket time.

Camden LOVES to push Asher.
Camden loves to do anything for Asher.


My cute mom.
Love our trips up to let the boys play at South Elementary.


Just remembering one of the too-too-early mornings with this one, on our travel days.
I was so sick after two full days of talking to people. My throat was shot, my cold that was allllmost coming on for days before came on full blast, and traveling alone with the kiddos is what it is.
But my mom took Asher this morning and traded me for a cup of hot tea and I know she has a lot on her plate right now with how sick my dad has been ever since getting Covid. I was just really grateful to be in Cedar City and be with my parents and have a few days there after book plans to just be there before heading home. I love trips to see them.


Helped them get some grandkids up on the wall. 
Even future baby girl -- she'll be here in June! Elise is so excited to have a little sister and I can't wait to go help with them when Ali has her baby.

So much love for grandma.


So much love for grandpa, too.
My boys feel so bad he feels so sick, but they love playing with him in any way he's up for.
Westin LOVED sitting down at the computer with him and typing up all the NFL teams in alphabetical order and then highlighting them by conference.
Haha that sounds so silly -- but that is truly Westin's love language. Just time, and time spent talking about what he loves, and organizing, and making things. It was just sweet.

Then another one-stop drive home on Wednesday, in Fruita. They did two 5-hour legs again.
Asher was sad our last 20 minutes but that's it. I love these travelers of mine.

I love chicken nuggets.
And I am really over chicken nuggets.
That tells you we've been traveling a lot.

We did shows for the first time in years because now we have an older and a newer iPad, so everyone could watch. We've always just done podcasts since getting the van, which we did do for more than half the drives. The boys were awesome.

And tired :)

The dog ate my paint sample.

Speaking of...

Green milk! Must have been a leprechaun.
A leprechaun who forgot it was St. Patrick's Day until 10pm the night before and did this one little thing before going to leprechaun bed!
But we did have a stashed box of Lucky Charms for the big day too so it turned out just fine.

I love this shot of Firefighter Camden and Bennett washing windows. Slow days at home with theses kids all home are my favorite.

Shelley sent us a fun package full of holiday pillow cases and Camden LOVED this Paw Patrol book she added.

Opening our Florida Coconuts

Snuck away for a lunch date!
A mystery shop, ha. He thinks those are funny.

Camden's first unassisted drinking fountain drink. Milestone.

Luna found this toy, We don't know where. It's here very favorite thing in the whole wide world.
It's not one of our children's, it's an actual dog toy. I think someone threw it in our backyard for her and it has made her life. She walks around just holding it, like a pacifier. 
And we support Luna having a pacifier. 
Thank you, stranger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis