Sunday, March 12, 2023

Science Fair & Utah Book Weekend

 

Westin's science project! Does salt make water boil faster?
Spoiler alert: It doesn't. Unless you add a ton and then it does.
Google for more info or ask Westin :)

Bennett's project! What helps an apple not turn brown?
Lemon Juice is the answer, guys. His hypothesis was correct :)





He's leaving little little. And entering just kind of little.
And I find myself just watching him play and tearing up.

Second place in kindergarten category! He was excited.

"Mom, watch me do this! I'm gonna do this."
*Walks across curb part of sidewalk*
"I knew I was gonna do it!!"

We're starting on our basement this month and working on emptying it out and consolidating the Lighten Print warehouse and shipping center. The boys are loving playing in boxes.

I loved seeing them just in their element again after Florida.

#KickItWithJack
Our dear friends here found out their 12-year-old son is fighting cancer and our hearts are just with them every hour right now. He loves Nikes and drew this shoe. People who love him all over the country are coloring them and sending them to him and the support is beautiful to see. We moved here the same month, and they have had a similar road as us, so to see all their walks of life show up to love them and support them right now has been a humbling reminder to me of how lucky we are to have crossed paths with so many good, good people. I really miss so many of them.

Green cabinets are happening in the basement. 
Don't vote because I already picked.

Our dear, dear neighbors moved and we miss them so much.
We went to see their new place and the boys immediately made a pillow fort because of course they did.
We have some new little boys next door now, which will be great, too.
But Teresa and Don were the best neighbors we ever have and I loved having them next door to my boys.

Grand Junction!
5 hours from home. The boys did a 10-hour drive with one stop and I love them for it so much.

Hanging with grandma and grandpa and cousins while I was in St. George setting up for our market.

Love these Miner kids so much.

Setting up our first booth!


Then we went to Cedar City for a book signing at Deseret Book.
Saw so many faces we LOVE and loved meeting new people too.


I really loved when Westin and Bennett came by to see what we were doing.
They have been part of this book from the very beginning. They ARE the beginning of this book.

So good to see Kendra!


My sweet mom. She's been such a big supporter of the book in so many ways.



Spot Bennett's finger :) He wanted to take a picture. I love it.

The best part of our booth was this coloring station.


We met so many new people. And met a lot of people who had the book already too. Both are so fun!

Then to a signing at the St. George Deseret Book.
Seeing Lundi for the first time in years made my heart so happy. We were best friends in elementary and middle school and I pray my kids can have a friend like her.

This poster was a pinch me moment :)


Then we ran into Blake on his anniversary date!
I truly knew the best people in high school and really loved so much about those years.
Obviously not all of it -- who loves all of high school :) 
But my senior year was absolutely wonderful, and so was a lot of the other three.

Westin was a coloring machine at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Swinging with them at my old elementary school.
Feels sacred to me.

Sweet mom and Asher. I truly love this spot so much.
 


Tickling through the tunnel :)

My second grader, peeking into my second grade classroom.
Life is trippy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis