Monday, April 17, 2023

A Week in the Life

 We had a low key week full of soccer, Westin's second grade concert, Luna learning to be a good dog, Comma calls for me, lots of surgeries for Michael, and a Saturday full of a cancelled soccer game due to snow (then beautiful sunshine and no snow by afternoon, that's Colorado), Clark's birthday party, then a marathon date on Saturday where we went to our stake temple day, dinner, and game night with the Gregorys and Behunins.


Things that describe a lot about my boys right now:


Asher keeps standing up and looking SO proud of himself, then belly flops out of it laughing. No steps attempted yet. Also he only knows how to answer questions, "No...." with a little smile and shaking head. He does that anytime he hears the intonation of a question. Well, Sunday was his first time in nursery even though I needed to stay with him the whole time, and the other four kids in there are all super quiet. It's just the quietest nursery every. So when it was time for the lesson the teacher said, "Did Jesus love EVERYone?"

All the kids: Silent.

Asher: "No....."

"Does Jesus love to help us?"

All the kids: Silent.

Asher: "No...."


Camden is in LOVE with going to soccer and my favorite video of my life has become a little shot from a Polo I sent Michael. Camden is running down the field then looks to the side and smiles at me while still fully running for a good 5 seconds before holding my gaze and giving me a thumbs up. It's just the most cheerful, hilarious video.


Bennett has been choosing "Ruby has a Worry" at bedtime recently, which is a book about a little girl who has a Worry following her and it gets bigger and bigger until she talks about it and then it finally shrinks and goes away. After reading it one night I asked Bennet, "What's something you worry about?" He looked up at me and smiled and said, "Oh nothing. I just love to be with you!" That is so him. I asked Westin, "Do you have something you worry about?" And he immediately said, "Yeah, letting down my whole soccer team." Annnd that is also so him. These sweet, very different boys. 


Westin was a pretty stoic guy all through his second grade music concert and I thought afterwards he was going to tell me that he absolutely hated the whole performance. But he was super happy and told me it was so much fun and that he loved it. This was not apparent during the songs so I was very happy to hear it :)


These boys are growing, growing, growing and it's so fun to watch them be brothers. They're sleeping! (Knock on wood.) All through the night, multiple nights the last couple weeks. Michael and I worked out at 6 most mornings this week, doing weight workouts first thing when we wake up and yoga before we go to bed. We know we're not old, but we're starting to feel like we're hitting the stage of managing how we'll feel when we're old... I told Michael I'm not waking him up on Tuesdays though. That's arm day... and I really want to beat him in an arm wrestle.


Just getting bigger and such a cutie.

I used an awesome product on my grandma's piano that helped revive it so well. This is the before.

And the after. Reduced the visibility of all the marks and brought back the color and shine so well.

It made me so happy to do this.


He gets so annoyed when he can't lift up my weights :)

My friend at playgroup saw me taking pictures of the boys swinging, and she came over and said "Moms aren't in pictures enough!" And snapped these happy shots of me pushing them. I thought that was so thoughtful.






Everyone is so sweet to Asher. It's my favorite.



Luna working hard at school.


These two were having a happy Wednesday morning in the swing set and asked if they could eat lunch in there :)



Asher has a love for our swing and it cracks me up.


First soccer day!

Camden's biggest soccer fans on Thursday mornings. One is very clingy.

Westin had the cutest little music concert at school.
His music teacher put together such fun songs for them to sing.


This guy was a handful at the concert.
This guy is a handful everywhere :)




Such good friends :) We miss having their grandparents next door so much!


Caught him in a down dog.


Soccer buddies. It's a 4/5 league but Camden is along for the ride, so he's a little guy out there :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis