Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter + a Spontaneous Staycation

 Michael was on call this week and got hit SO hard. Some weeks aren't too bad, but this trauma call week was pretty rough.


I took the boys to the library on Monday, then on Tuesday we ended up deciding that morning we needed to get a hotel for the day/night because of the toxic fumes from our insulation installation in the basement. I packed up for all 6 of us during the get-ready-for-school window of the day and it was a little crazy, but we made it work. So we dropped the boys off, then Camden and Asher and I ran errands (recycling drop off and book shipments -- we do these errands soo much), then we went to playgroup at a friend's. Then we grabbed lunch, and went to our hotel. It's kind of hard to check into a hotel with two tiny kids and bags and a pack n play, especially when you're room is on the third floor and not close to the elevator. But, mischief managed. Then we got Asher down for a nap and he was so happy to finally go down. Camden and I had a good afternoon of Paw Patrol and Comma meetings.


Then we picked up the boys, I checked on Luna girl, and packed up for her dog class that night, and grabbed pizzas for dinner. We met Michael at work and he took the boys back to the hotel for swim and pizza and I took Luna to her class and then we all met back at the hotel for hot chocolate and bedtime. Michael went back to the house to let Luna out one more time. We kind of loved waking up in the hotel and eating a hotel breakfast together on a regular old Wednesday right in Fort Collins :) The boys ate sooooo much, they are crazy. So many people were sweet to them during breakfast.


Michael had surgeries scheduled on Wednesday. On Thursday morning Camden started soccer and it was one of the cutest things I've ever witnessed. All the boys had to come to swim on Thursday night because Michael had a meeting, but Camden and Asher are really starting to have fun together so they were really easy while Westin and Bennett had their lesson.


Saturday was soccer game morning, easter egg hunt mid-morning, lunch, monster truck afternoon, and then Michael and I went out for Vietnamese food and to Home Depot for some basement stuff. On Sunday we had a wonderful Easter Sunday! I love our annual neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. The Easter bunny heard that it was kind of driving me crazy to think of "big addition or subtraction problems -- like five digits!" for Westin while I cook dinner, so there was a big old math book in his Easter basket of just huge addition and subtraction and he liked that very much haha. Bennett and Camden got some detailed coloring books and Asher got some birthday cake bunny crackers. Sweet boys. We had Easter dinner outside, which was the first time we've eaten out there after this long, cold winter and it felt great.


 I loved this weekend. I love these boys!


Story time -- they love when the tunnels come out


Our impromptu hotel lunch date when we realized we couldn't be in our house for a long time during our basement insulation process, because of the toxic fumes... Asher took a nap, Camden watched Paw Patrol while I had a Comma meeting on my phone. It was actually a great afternoon!

Hotel baby after a swim



Hot chocolate after a swim. I missed the pizza and pool party because of taking Luna to her Tuesday obedience class, but it was fun to do hot chocolate together when we were all done.

Watching Paw Patrol until school. I wanted to just drive them straight from the hotel so I didn't have to get everyone out the door more than once. I really love our late school start but once in a while it just feels so late!



Watching the little crane bring in all our drywall

Ready for soccer!

My friend Diane texted me a picture of her rocking her Taylor concert t-shirt and I happened to be wearing mine the same day and sent this right back to her. Though this is an Amazon version because.... those merch lines were miles long!

Swim lessons set up a new little kids corner and these two loved it.


Another year of using this spinner to decorate eggs rather than dye and I'm a huge fan.

Westin's Saturday soccer game

Took the boys to a local church's egg hunt, they loved it last year and now when we drive by that church Camden always says, "There's the candyland church!" Just because he remembers all the candy from the egg hunt. So we had to go again :)





Monster truck time!

Camden has talked about monster trucks so often ever since Michael took the boys last year. So this year I took them while Michael was home with Asher.

Sitting by him at this monster truck show will forever be one of my favorite memories. Throwing his hands up in excitement, laughing, looking shocked at the motorcycle tricks... just absolutely adorable.


Easter Sunday with my sweet crew

We did Easter cinnamon rolls because the boys were sad we didn't do them on conference weekend since I was out of town. They tasted just as good a week late :) Yes Asher is crying for one in the background. This kid and carbs. He's my worst eater as a baby, but, he'll get there.



The Easter Bunny brought Westin a math book and he was thrilled. The Easter Bunny predicted this. Bennett got an adult coloring book because he absolutely loves the detailed pictures and spends hours on them, a trick we learned from grandma. They did so many pictures at her house.

Annual neighborhood egg hunt!



I loved when Camden got a dollar in one of his eggs. He knew he should be excited about it but wasn't sure exactly why. "Whoa, look at dis! I got a dollar! What the heck do I do with dis?" Hahaha.

Easter piñata too.


Easter dinner! I'm not a huge ham person... we did pork chops, asparagus, potatoes, and an Easter egg fruit pizza.

This was fun and easy to make. And was more delicious than I expected.


Jamie made the hunt so fun for the kids. We have such wonderful neighbors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis