Monday, April 24, 2023

Eleven Years and a Dallas Weekend

This week was our eleventh anniversary! I fully thought it was our twelfth. When Michael broke the news to me that we hadn't quite made it to twelve yet I felt like I had to repeat a whole year of life. Why is it getting harder to remember ages and anniversaries.... oh because they're bigger numbers and they come around faster than ever :)

We went out for seafood on Friday to celebrate, plus to get pizookies. Then we had some time together over the weekend when we left our kids overnight with our babysitter and went to Dallas for some practice meetings. Even though it was a super quick trip, there is just a million more hours in the day when none of them go to kids! We have been working out consistently together for the first time in our. marriage, and we had fun doing that in the hotel gym with actual machines rather than our bands and weights at home. 

Our meetings went well, too. Half the day spent with Michael's partner and his wife and going over the practice as a whole, and half the day looking at our personal financials. Making plans to get old with Michael just sounds so fun to me. Maybe not the getting old part, but the being with Michael always part :)

Asher (and all the boys) did just fine being left for the two days and we just love our babysitter for being up to watching the boys that long. They sure love her. 

Asher eats just one time a day on just one side... such a gradual weaning happening :) 
He sleeps through the night 95% of the time now and did fine with me leaving him for short trips two times this month, so I really don't feel rushed to drop this one feeding. It's keeping him a baby for just a little longer.


These two are so clingy at library story time!


This goes well with that sweet nursing picture above.... there are other feedings that leave me thinking we're more than ready to be done :)



I'm never not climbed on by this cutie if I lay on the floor.

Forgot to take a picture of us on our anniversary date, so I took a picture of my dirty mirror and puffy sleeves when we got home. This is a trend I can get behind.

We did a dinner/bowling mystery shop night with all the boys and it was long and at times not great but just really great overall. They only remember the good. Bowling with crawling babies is kind of a stupid idea though.

I moved two of our chairs to our dining table permanently and got a bench instead. I really like the switch.

Cute bench for cute boys.

Our Dallas meeting was by the practice field for the Cowboys and we were feeling guilty that Westin wasn't along to see it all. Still football obsessed.






Working out with this machine really changes back and chest day.
My bands aren't going to feel nearly as great after this.


Emily drove to see us between our meetings ending and our Uber to the airport and I just loved seeing her so much! It's so funny to me that April had two Dallas trips in it. I just love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis