Monday, November 6, 2023

Halloween & Michael's Birthday

 We had a great Halloween. I love trick-or-treating in this neighborhood and I love watching Asher figure out the process. Our last time trick-or-treating with a stroller! So many constant lasts that I'm hyper aware of. It's probably unhealthy.

We celebrated Michael on Friday! We love him so much. I cried during dinner because I just know my boys are so so so lucky to have Michael and I am too. He chose falafel and monkey bread for his birthday :) And then on Saturday we did a family bike ride together and played at a playground and by a stream. I love riding my bike with Asher on his seat behind me.

On Saturday night our neighbor that used to live east of us had the boys over to her new house for a pizza party. Even Asher did it after 5 minutes of being sad! We miss living next door to her so much. 

After Asher rocked that Saturday partying I decided to try to leave him for 7 minutes in nursery on Sunday but he was NOT having that. Teresa is just magic. We really miss having her as our next door neighbor. Michael and I went out for Korean barbecue for his birthday while they were with her, then watched some of the (painful) BYU game with some friends. 

Today we had a couple families over for dinner, and we've spent the week eating a lot (A LOT) of Halloween Candy.

It feels like we're launching into the holidays now, and I am so excited for the next couple months. And we've got a warm trip planned for February so I don't even have to stress about the year ending and cold January getting us down... we're figuring winters out. These boys are at a magic age for this holiday season, Halloween felt like the kick-off of a fun few months.

Spoooooky dinner the night before Halloween.
I just filled carved peppers with mac and cheese, no energy to put actual effort into the food side of things :)




Jack-O-Lanterns the night before Halloween

Made some Halloween pancakes on Halloween morning

Dressed these guys up to go watch brothers in their costume parade at school, then straight downtown to trick-or-treat along our main street that morning.

Bennett the Bat again! He loves this costume.

There's our BYU Football player

Downtown trick-or-treating was so much fun!





Neighborhood crew ready to go!









Ready for Michael's 36th!

We visited the third library here for the first time this week. 
We have just been bouncing between the other two all our years here but finally went to the Old Town library and it has a darling playground out front.


Happy birthday to our favorite guy!!

He chose monkey bread for his dessert and it was a solid choice.

Family bike ride on Saturday!
We rode to a park north of us.
Camden did the 60-minute ride on his balance bike.





Reorganized my boys drawers,
laundry is the BIGGEST chore to me lately.

Korean barbecue date for Michael's birthday!
Our neighbor who moved, sweet Teresa, wanted to have the boys over for a pizza party this weekend so it worked out perfectly.

Laundry, man.
I keep the loads running and I sort what's clean by person so we can function, but I just can't get on top of it lately.

No more laundry!
Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis