Monday, December 18, 2023

December Magic

 December things are filling our nights and weekends and school days and errands and thoughts and just everything! The boys made gingerbread houses at Teresa's last Sunday, Westin had a Star Squad meeting where they made holiday cards for assisted living centers, I took Camden and Asher to story time, we did a white elephant exchange for Young Womens plus a visit to all the Activity Day kids where we watched them narrate a Nativity, I went to book club to plan (and recommit to going...) for 2024 months, we started our 12 days of Christmas drop offs -- adorable, I made TONS of toffee ('tis the season), and Friday we went downtown to the monthly Foodie Walk plus a toy store trip to do some complicated tag teamed shopping for secret brothers. It's fun having each boy think about what the brother they drew would like for Christmas. On Saturday I decorated for our ward party and we had a nice get together that night with our church family.

We also went on a winter hike Saturday morning and Michael brought his Jetboil and I brought stuff for hot chocolate. We found a little spot off the trail and stopped for a hot chocolate break and it was just funny and cute. This winter is wild -- we've only had one snow and the temperatures are still hanging around in the 50s or high 40s with plenty of sunshine. What is this! No complaints at all.

I've wanted a "where we've lived" wall for so long and finally found a vibe I was happy with. I love this happy basement wall now! Utah will be there soon, it was just having technical difficulties when I snapped this photo. 


Watching a Mickey Mouse Christmas show with this cutie during Asher's nap was seriously one of the highlights of my week.

Pure joy from licking the beater.

Boys huddled around the Switch while they wait for moms to be done with Young Womens after Activity Days :)

Kitty loves to find a non-moving person around here. She's not picky.

I keep forgetting I have bangs. It's kind of a trippy change. I need to relearn how to blow dry my hair :)

Chef Asher is very busy these days!


So much toffee. Soooo much.

So far I'm at 16 sticks of butter.

I have some really cute supervisors through my kitchen window most days.





















I only make these once a year and I really love them.
I don't know why Christmas cookies and toffee only feel allowed in December but I don't make the rules.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis