Sunday, January 2, 2022

Here we go, 2022!

The time warp between Christmas and New Year!

We finally got snow in Fort Collins. We spent the week doing puzzles and legos and lite brites and all the other fun things that came on Christmas. We had peaceful moments and heartbreaking contentious moments. We had days at home and the older boys had a museum day with dad. The times I am at home with Asher just the two of us feel like absolute treasured moments.

I loved seeing Westin's "year in review" filled out that I printed for him. Favorite things he did in 2021: go to a cabin with all the Daetwylers, and ride a sheep. Biggest accomplishment: 7 monkey bars. 2022 goal: all the monkey bars. I love this kid.

Bennett has such focus. Watching him do his Lite Brite and seeing how proud he was of his first creation was super joyful and sweet. He and Camden have been playing together so much. That equals lots of laughs and lots of screaming. Does wrestling ever end well? Asking for my future.

Camden slept through the night a few times. Last night was not one of those times. I find myself counting down his toddler days but then his cute moments make me feel guilty. When you go into his room in the morning, or after nap time, or during nap time to tell him to take a nap, or during the night to tell him to stop screaming... you're always met with "Good mOOOOrning mommy!" And it does soften your heart a little, but more in the actual morning. If Michael tries to go in a different room than Camden we usually have about 2 minutes before he frantically says "Where daddy go! Where daddy go! DADDY!" Michael should know better by now than to attempt such things.

Asher has some pretty ok nights and some very newborn-y nights. I think my blog posts sound like I'm obsessed with sleep right now. That's because I'm obsessed with sleep. When we get it, it's a much better day. 

New Year is one of my very, very favorite times. Fresh starts and goals and carrying good things from the past year and seeing how much changed or was accomplished the last few months. It's such a hopeful time.

I put Christmas away so much earlier this year. I felt like a lot of people posted about putting it away early too. I think we were all ready to get into this new year. I can't believe we're coming up on two years of Covid and all that it has come with. I remember distinctly thinking in March 2021 "are we really going to have to stay home three whole weeks? It's going to be that long?" Oh wow :) I feel so, so grateful to have the vaccines we've had since then and that my kids have been able to have them too. There were extreme fires south of us this week that wiped out neighborhoods. That's one of those things that you think could never happen to you. But the people who lived in those houses felt that very same feeling. Life can change so fast and I'm so grateful for my boys. 


He wanted me to take a picture every time it changed colors :)

Reading by the fire -- it was cold this week!

That Christmas overwhelm when you're mid-putting away

Phew.

Clean slate.

My neighbor brought me this plant and I just love it.
You don't water it or do a thing for it and the bulb sprouts and I'm so excited for it to blossom.

This sweet boy.
Don't let him fool you, he hates being put down anywhere :)

Garbage truck spotting


Oh Westin. I love you so much,
and I want to help you through all your big feelings.


Sweetest.

The boys played in the snow so much on Saturday! Shoveled all morning with Michael.
Kept playing. Shoveled with our neighbor in the afternoon. Kept playing. 
Went sledding with Michael.

Hot chocolate time!
Such a messy treat with kids haha.


Camden hasn't mastered putting his feet by the fire...
we were all cracking up so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis