Sunday, January 21, 2024

Back with my Boys

 I came home on Tuesday evening to a slowly warming up Fort Collins,

School was canceled that day due to such low temps, so Michael was alone and stuck inside with the boys from Saturday morning to Tuesday night, but they had a lot of fun together. I was bummed they got hit with that weather since they love being outside together so much.

I came home to the start of full on counting my macros for the first time, which means tracking every bite of food I eat and balancing my carbs and proteins and fats. It's not for everyone and it's not for me forever, but I feel ready to try something I've never tried before and honestly it feels freeing. This has sent me down a whole path of pondering how limits can feel freeing rather than limiting and it's an interesting concept for me right now. So we'll see. I have preplanned every bite of food I'm going to eat for the next 2 weeks and then I'll go from there. We have a trip in February that I'll break for, then hit it again for all of March.

Michael liked Reading Rainbros this week, and his book club name will never not make me smile. We also had fun going on a date to Boys in the Boat. It made me think about my stairs. That makes no sense to you, but I remember what I listened to while painting every inch of my house, and Boys in the Boat is my stairs. The movie was wonderful, the book is even better. 

Westin is constantly asking google football facts and doodling NFL things. Bennett really, really loves listening to his Yoto player from Christmas and would do sticker by number books constantly if I kept him supplied. Camden keeps making us all laugh, particularly when he calls us "sonny boy" which is something he got from Bluey. Bluey also makes us all laugh, and makes me cry. And Asher is mastering jumping and I could watch him practice all day. Except I couldn't because I'm drowning in laundry.

I feel like winter has had some good bursts of sunshine in it, literally and figuratively, and it feels like an accomplishment be this far into January without feeling very bluesy. 


A few hours in La Jolla for our fried brains


One last brainstorming session on the beach

One last kidless meal :)
I love eating meals with them. But good food when you're only feeding yourself really hits different. This is a shrimp and asparagus frittata with whipped feta.

Home to see this boy's creations! Jenga and our train tracks have somehow become connected.

I give a LOT of haircuts. But his is my first bald spot.
Sorry, Westy boy! But we'll try again in 6 weeks so I think it's fine :)

This guy missed out on the last two rounds because daddy wasn't around,
but this time it had to be done. He was actually so good. 
My heart melts when I watch how much my little Asher wants to be like his three big brothers.
Melts? Breaks? Both.

Looking older with his fresh hair.

Does this blow your mind like it does mine?
Every. 6. Weeks. Okay maybe 8, and that's why it's way too much haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis