Sunday, January 14, 2024

Sunny San Diego & Freezing Fort Collins

The beginning of this week was Westin and Bennett's first time skiing. They were good sports! Michael took them to Keystone and they stayed with cousins and had their first ski lesson. Their favorite part was the ice fort they got to explore after :)

I met three Rover families this week to try to find a good spot for Luna when we go on trips. I found a couple spots she's going to like a lot more than the kennel we've been using. It's funny to be on the other side of Rover after babysitting countless dogs all through residency.

We went to dinner with some friends in our ward plus their sister/brother-in-law who are in the dental scene in Fort Collins and it was a really fun date. I just am continually grateful that we've met so many more wonderful friends since our ward boundaries shifted when Asher was born. 

Then Saturday all of Fort Collins geared up for COLD. The temps started going down and down and down, so I decided it would be a good time to head out of here... sorry, Michael! Actually Kindal and I had a book weekend planned long before I knew the weather was going to be so miserably cold. Back when I booked it I decided to reserve the shuttle instead of an airport parking spot, just kind of on a whim, and man I was so glad to not drive on the icy freeway that weekend. 

Being in San Diego with Kindal was a breath of fresh air in all the ways. We are just a few illustrations away from finishing our second book, but we really need to get together to just get on the same page. Literally, I guess :) We stayed right by the beach and just talked all things creation and Adam and Eve and life plus caught up on all the things we both carry. So grateful for her. And for the ocean.

Michael took the boys to a stock show in Denver during the freezing temps, and to the church to run around a few times. These four boys stuck inside are quite a bit. They had a fun boys weekend though, and I was really, really grateful to be able to use Michael's long weekend for some book progress. 

Now it's time for me to head back home, now that the temps look like they're climbing back up :) :)

My doctor does home visits but he gives shots pretty aggressively.

First time skiing! 

Ready to workout with us in his sunglasses. Such a cool dude.

Took a picture before getting a video of these two singing, "I used to be young!" because it's my favorite thing.

Hooligans at swimming.

This is my favorite room in my house, this little basement bathroom.
It just makes me happy to see all the little elements I picked out coming together to make a cute tiny space.


Made it to the BEACH with Kindal!



Storyboarding, symbol talking, concept wrestling, photography planning, word weighing...
this book has felt like such an interesting and different process than Savior. Not worse, not better. Just interesting and different.


Tacos and ceviche... the limit does not exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis