Sunday, January 28, 2024

Little Routines

 Most of this week's details in the picture captions, but, the rundown:

Temple trip with the Young Women, doctor appointments, volunteering in Bennett's class, meetings for Michael, games with Relief Society, a beautifully tender baby shower for my friend Lindsey (a "mother's circle" by my friend Reesa that was so sincere and sweet), a new commitment to finding a birth therapist,  Denver day trip to play with cousins and picnic at the park, feeding the missionaries (Greek food and light saber fights), a stressed but happy-in-the-end Westin during football playoff games, a beautiful youth devotional on Sunday night, starting an online class with Michael, planning another week of all my food, and really starting to get my mind around what we need for the beach next month. 

Westin is so heavily invested in each and every NFL game and I go back and forth between amazement and admiration for his commitment to exhaustion and confusion as to how and why this came to be such a big part of our family, particularly our Sundays. But I love watching him care. Even little Asher has the cutest way of saying "Watch Foo-ball?" when he sees a game turn on or asks Michael to hike the ball to him while we're watching. Two weeks to the Super Bowl :)

Colorado morning skies have my heart

Once in a while I do the math in my head about how long I've had my smoothie for breakfast. 4.5 years.
But then I told Michael that when I was growing up, I'd wake up and drink chocolate milk first thing. Then in high school it became a chocolate instant breakfast before dance practice. Same thing in college. Then after having Westin I started making it with protein powder and bananas and peanut butter. Then after Camden I learned about Macros and Clean Simple Eats and started making a more balanced shake and adding spinach.
Basically, waking up and drinking chocolate is who I am, but at least I'm growing up a little with it :)

He will NOT miss the chance to push daddy's car out of our garge,
even if we've missed the chance to put a diaper on him first. Sorry, neighbors.

We stopped at Great Harvest spontaneously on our errands, and got some cinnamon chip bread for me to make the boys french toast this weekend (I am honestly enjoying making them things that I'm not eating because I still feel just so free to have zero decisions to make about my food after preplanning it. This has been a huge surprise to me.) Then we got a bran muffin and sat outside while they split it. We shared a few little bits with a squirrel by us and Asher laughed and laughed as it ate. It was such a happy moment. Someday I'm going to run errands by myself, and I'm going to think about moments like this. I love these little buddies so, so much. I won't miss their carseats but man will I miss them.

A stop at the paint store -- they always love picking out a color.
Camden wanted me to pick out the "pretty green that our basement has" so I found him the card of our cabinet color, and then he helped Asher look through the rows and point at one he wanted, then got him the card that he couldn't reach. It was a pretty dark blue. I just love them.

Just gonna bury this here because I am so excited about the book Kindal and I are working on.

C is for Circus day at preschool so this cute guy wore our magician costume and we called it a ringleader :)

I have hit the lowest of lows while on a 10 out of 30 days hormone medicine recently.
I have been absolutely floored by how low it sends me. It truly just makes me want to be dead, and thankfully I am only doing three rounds of it and then never again. But this is here to remind me how Kitty always seems to know when I hit those low lows and finds my lap. I'd forgotten she'd do that so often in residency, when Michael was gone. This is a sweet little cat.

Asher on a balance bike! He doesn't have speed quite yet but it's going to come so fast.

We were so lucky to have such a sunny day to meet up with cousins at a park in Denver.




Worn out after chasing cousins all morning!

Emptying compost is an event around here.

Getting Sundays sorted out for YWs. It's kind of crazy how there's always a Tuesday activity or a Sunday coming around the corner. It's quite a constant calling and the advisor role was more of a fun ride than the counselor role has been, but it really is so fun to get to know the girls more and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis